Windows 8

DARKFiB3R

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2009
SE London
about.me
Any word on an updated driver for Windows 8 x64?

Or a known workaround to get the current version to install?

This doesn't happen....

And then you get this....

So far, everything else I have installed on Windows 8 is running just fine, but not having my X360USB Pro working is gonna be a deal breaker :(

Last edited:

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
@ DARKFiB3R I haven't used win8 yet, So take my advice with a grain of salt, But *if* there's an option to disable driver signing enforcement (F8) before boot, You could try that, Maybe try regsvr32 in CMD as admin to register the dll, --> LINK

Last edited:

DARKFiB3R

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2009
SE London
about.me
@ DARKFiB3R I haven't used win8 yet, So take my advice with a grain of salt, But *if* there's an option to disable driver signing enforcement (F8) before boot, You could try that, Maybe try regsvr32 in CMD as admin to register the dll, --> LINK
That worked :D

I had been looking at that, don't know why I didn't try it. Guess the error message kinda threw me.

For anybody else doing this....

Disable driver signature enforcement or Enable low-resolution video mode in Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Works with 64-bit)

Select Settings from the Charm bar (on the right) > More PC Settings (at the bottom)

Then go General > Advanced Startup > Restart Now

Then Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart

As your PC is starting up keep hitting F8 to get to the menu where you can choose to disable driver signature enforcement or Enable low-resolution video mode or Enable safe mode.
Choose to disable driver signature, boot windows, manually install driver as usual.

Not sure this is still going to work after a reboot, so I'll probably have to follow the steps laid out in PortIO-Kai_Schtrom.txt (included with JungleFlasher)

Also, I still had the new libusb files in place, not sure if they made a difference, probably not. May even be a bad thing, don't know.

I'll flash a drive in a minute, see if it's working as it should.

brett1

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2011
kernow, uk
i have to do this on win 7 on boot sorry not quit that far just f8 lol

DARKFiB3R

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2009
SE London
about.me
Working fine :)

0225 (kamikaze)
unlock > stock > relock > test ok > update dash > unlock > cfw > relock > test ok > restart pc > freeze during post > disconnect x360usb > pc boots > reconnect x360usb > driver still installed > restart pc > posts and boots fine this time > stock and cfw again > win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon Slair

ochentay4

May 12, 2011
Argentina

shinji257

Dec 1, 2010
Download zadig program it will install it for you, both X360USB PRO & X-Nand

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/

i hop that help!!
I can confirm that it works! Using Windows 8 Pro x64 and the driver installed flawlessly.
Only 1 indication though: Select "libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0)" and recheck after opening JungleFlasher that "USB Only" is checked!

EDIT: And here is the tutorial https://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/wiki/Zadig
Thanks guys. Worked like a charm here. Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/ MCE. Driver signing enforcement was enabled at the time of the install.

vittorio

Noob Account
Jul 21, 2016
Salve ragazzi o Comprato da poco X360USB Pro V2 cerco di Scaricare il drivre da voi ma non si apre a pagina ,o scaricato Altri drivre Partono e subito dice Che il drivre potrebbe Essere danneggiato. O Windows 8 Cosa Succede

Last edited: