JASPER WNY's CR4XL PHAT JASPER 16MB Install Setup and Diagram

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Just did my first CR4XL install and let me say this, the CR4XL is AWESOME!!! Instant boot every time on this Jasper 16MB. As can be seen I mounted the CR4XL differently, but it had no ill effect on the results, instant boot every time without fail. I installed the kiosk wire (orange) for RATER but it's not even needed.

Corona V3 next....

Last edited:

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
Nice one, makes me happy to see these awesome success posts going up, I'll be making a video of my super stubborn jasper soon :)

Reactions: WNYConsoles

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
Looks great. Did you happen to try to use the onboard oscillator?

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Looks great. Did you happen to try to use the onboard oscillator?
This post really doesn't make sense to me.

There isn't an option to "switch" between oscillators.

The STBY_CLK point is used to help "sync" the CR4 to the motherboard, as we're dealing with nanoseconds here.

A nanosecond or two off due to manufacturing differences (in the clock, not at the TX factory), and the chip wouldn't work as well as it should.

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
This post really doesn't make sense to me.

There isn't an option to "switch" between oscillators.

The STBY_CLK point is used to help "sync" the CR4 to the motherboard, as we're dealing with nanoseconds here.

A nanosecond or two off due to manufacturing differences (in the clock, not at the TX factory), and the chip wouldn't work as well as it should.
Slim doesn't use it and phat does so I figured maybe it could use it like the cr3 lite... As I don't know the inner workings of the chip as u obviously do smarty pants :mad2: lol jk

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Slim doesn't use it and phat does so I figured maybe it could use it like the cr3 lite... As I don't know the inner workings of the chip as u obviously do smarty pants :mad2: lol jk
The difference is as simple as RJTAG vs RGH2.

Slim/phat RGH2 won't use the STBY_CLK point. RJTAG will. RJTAG is much more time sensitive.

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
WNY, can you share a rater log from a jasper? Im interested in reading the post output to check it against mine.

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
WNY, can you share a rater log from a jasper? Im interested in reading the post output to check it against mine.
Don't have it for this console, don't think RATER even worked correctly on Phat until latest JRunner update (if it was even updated or not), could be mistaken though.

I have a few more Jaspers to do so I will see what I can get for you.

morinzo

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2005
I'm working on a jasper bb now with demon and cr4, soon as I decide to use the jtag qsb or just use the parts and build it myself so the demon sb - bb converter will fit i'll post everything for ya.

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
hi, I noticed you did not use the Jtag alt qsb v2. Is it not needed? thanks! and looks great btw :)
You don't have to use it, you can just use wires and diodes if you want. I use the qsb, but mainly for convenience

BTW, he did use the QSB, check again :)

Last edited: