HITACHI 79 wont play backups after 2.0

wkdsean

Oct 1, 2011
uk, newcastle upon tyne
i updated my hitachi 79 to 2.0 firmware, all went well in jungleflasher, however now it wont play any backups. i can play orig retail disc tho? any idea why the backup aint working

thanks

Jaser

Nov 23, 2010
POLAND
Today I did flash hitachi 79 and I did not read it but a Maxell discs, but Verbatim is like most, I do not know what it is caused

OhYa1337

Sep 5, 2011
I have the same problem...
It flashed fine & it still plays old backups like Black Ops and stuff, but when I try any new ones, like Skyrim or NFS it spins for a while & then 1 Red Light
(bottom Right light is red)

((( I have the CK3 Pro / PMT Probe and the 360USBPro )))

Last edited:

OhYa1337

Sep 5, 2011
wow, i feel like a noob for this...
I found this
C4E released iXtreme LT+ v2.0b CFW for the Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L v79 drive (PHAT Hitachi v79):
C4E’s iXtreme LT+ in association with Team Jungle & Team Xecuter
Official release of the iXtreme LT+ v2.0b for Hitachi v79 drives
- Support for XGD3 ixtreme backups using LT-MAX for maximum capacity on standard DVD+R DL discs.
- Support for large capacity DVD+R DL media (no errors when burning)
- Fixes issues that were in 2.0 release
Please note that all the Hitachi LT2.0 CFW’s do not support Truncated XGD3 backups and do not support Xbox 1 backups. Xbox 1 originals are fine.
Thanks go to Team Jungle for their hard work and efforts in the development process.
Thanks also go to Team Xecuter for their support to this project.
I re-did everything with new FW & JF 1.90(293), back to stock, flashed to 2.0
no more fast spins, no red light...
but all my XGD3 backups error with unrecognized disk since they are truncated...
oh well :(

so now I will try using LT-MAX
-Black Ops still works, weird???

Last edited:

brian5s

Noob Account
Dec 23, 2011
I've successfully flashed my Hitachi 79, yet it won't play backups either. It does play originals no problem. I've only tried an IMGburned backup of MW3, so maybe this is the problem. Even with the correct LB in the .dvd file.

So, I will bite the bullet and get a burner that is flash able. Which is the best one for this? Most compatible going forward..

Thanks for your help.
Brian