wrong eeprom installed on xbox 1.6

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
I stupidly make a big mistake before i knew its already kaput, My xbox v.1.6 wont boot anymore chip is working fine but untill i FTF a wrong eeprom from my other xbox which is v1.5 .
If i could only boot to x3 config live again it would be easy just easy to FTF the right eeprom but nothing is working. My xbox when i power up with the chip on no vidio no audio just steady green ....
can someone pls help ,

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Boot to backup. Flash a copy of the unauthorised flashbios v3.0.3 to your chip. make sure to set the bank switch settings appropriately for the file size.

Flash eeprom v1.6

Load up X3 bios again and then flash the proper eeprom back to the xbox.

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
thanks for the reply, I have some problem ! Yes i can boot to the back up but it ask for the flash bios cd right? the unauthorised flashbios v 3.0.3 when i download it and unzip it , it dosnt contain any bin file there, i can see a lot of folder but when i make a flashable cd my xbox cant find any bios bin file.

How can i flash the the wrong eeprom
the only thing that work is the back up bios if i load the x3 bios it wont boot cause of wrong eeprom no vidio no audio nothing .

I got this link from llamas it look gonna work but there is something i dont understand here!
http://arisme.free.fr/Xbox/Reflash/

i tried this too but the only thing that confuse me is this line

"Unzip the image and the patcher, put both in the same directory with your EEPROM image, and patch the Cromwell image with your EEPROM : addEeprom cromwell-patched.bin eeprom.bin "

I realy need some expert here! pls. HELP.

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
I'm just quoting instructions ive seen given to people. I've never done it myself. (never been stupid enough to flash the wrong eeprom :D ) I'll try it out myself tonight and let you know how i go.

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
thanks for helping !
by the way i have succesfully flashbios v.3.0.1 which has a additional option of flashing the eeprom, and i did erase now the wrong eeprom, now my box wont start of course because there is no eeprom installed.

do you have any information on how to install a eeprom

And thanks again, I check back again and see if any updates.

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
niwdesojellav said:
the unauthorised flashbios v 3.0.3 when i download it and unzip it , it dosnt contain any bin file there
Hi,

Well i went ahead last night, and flashed a version 1.1 eeprom to my 1.6 xbox... and as you guessed got the black screen and a dead xbox. Cool

Downloaded flashbios unauthorised version 3.0.3 from the usual place, unrared the file, and found just like you did that there is no bin file included. However, along with the rar file on xbins i also got a file called image.bin. That was not in the rar file it was just in the folder. it was a bin file and it was 256k so i gave it a shot. Flashed that to my 256k bank on the X3 and rebooted.

Up pops on the screen "Flashbios 3.0.3 unauthorised"

Great! Scroll down to flash v1.6 eeprom, successful! Rebooted xbox on my 1mb bank with X3_3294 in place. Flubber appears but in black and white. that's not a prob. FTP in to my xbox, copy the backup i made of the "proper/original" 1.6 eeprom into the configmagic data directory (overwriting the current one in there)

Loaded up config magic. Loaded eeprom from bin file. Update Xbox Eeprom. Completed successfully. Great!

close config magic and reboot xbox. Flubber in colour!

Eeprom restored. So basically the only problem was that the 256k bios to flash onto your chip was not located inside the rar archive, it was next to it already in bin format.

Good luck with that mate!

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
I did what you said , i download that image bin beside the rar file and i flased it to my chip i got a succesful flash but when i switch to that bank where i put the flashbios 3.0.3 i got a frag!

I even try to put it on my other xbox a working xbox which is the halo edition and i got same result frag.....

i tried the other unauthorised flashbios v3.0.1 and it works but no additional option to flash v.1.6 eeprom it only has flash eeprom.

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Make sure you are using a 256k bank? for example bank 8 = off off off on (and turn protect off)

I don't know what else to say! i tried it myself less than 10 hours ago and it worked beautifully.

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
FINALY! FINALY! I GOT IT!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ................THANK YOU!!!!!!
I boot to Ms AND EVERYTHING IS GOOD FLUBBER IS GREEN NO PROBLEM....

AFTER TWO DAYS OF RESEARCHED, FINALY I HAVE RECOVERED FROM FATAL MISTAKE AND BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS WITHOUT YOU IM f**kING LOST.!

THANK ONCE AGAIN
AND MORE POWER TO THIS SITE!!!!

OH MY GOD !
I THINK I WANT TO CRY!!!!!!

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
:D I'm glad you got the xbox working mate! So what was it that you did different?

And don't cry... I'm a sypathetic cryer, and i can't affford to cry at work!

niwdesojellav

Noob Account
Jan 28, 2005
I follow what you said" boot on 256k bank", the reason its flag cause it boot on 1 meg bank and i dont understand why it dosnt work that way but finaly when i boot on 256 bank i can see the unauthorised flashbios 3.0.3 with the additional option to flash eeprom from v.1.1 to v1.6 this bios is cool men(who ever made this its great thanks) so i just choose the flash eeprom v1.6 and it says eeprom succesfully flash you should turn of your xbox now and i did .
my surprise ! i can see the the flubber with its full color....
No problem . and now i flash i xecuter 3294 bios and everything is back to normal.

What a experience...i almost throw this box because i thought it s not recorverable but thanks to you guys.....

Ausi!!!!Ausi!!!!Ausi..........

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Oi Oi Oi!

I think the colour issue is most likely to do with NTSC/PAL. I had no colour because the eeprom was set to ntsc? dunno didn't pay too much attention while i was doing it!

Glad you got it sorted out mate! ;)