X drive not working. Open tray... nothing happens. xdrive lighting up

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
IMG_2114.JPGIMG_2115.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2117.JPGx drive not working.. why...............why at the very end of the project npow I have to take it all the way back apart...... I asked this question once before. I said is this the correct way to use this X DRiVE with only 1 dvd drive..... yes it can only talk to one dvd drive at a time........

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
this product id a piece of sh*t do not buy itsave yourself the timew a frustration
I don't think it is the product. You have 134 posts most if not all of them you asking for help modding this xbox. 134......that is a lot. You have been rushing through it not really taking the time to understand anything and when something goes wrong you immediately come here complaining something doesn't work....like not having your HDD plugged in and fsd wont load etc. Your skill level says reflow reball controller dvd drive repair etc.. have you ever even done a reball? Most likely you have something hooked up incorrectly. It should be pretty obvious but your too frustrated. Are you sure you plugged in the drive correctly if you ever plugged it in upside down it will cause issues. You need to relax take your time to understand what need to be done BEFORE you tear into it. :)

Reactions: Nelskeet517

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
um this is a Christmas present. im still working on it. my nephew is currently waiting on his Christmas present. want to know what I have been doing for the last week? this. FORGT what my skills say for now, can you help me? I have tried EVERYTHING. do you want pictures? I just followed the installation instructions.... I plugged the x drive up to another xbox with the regular sata molex-- it opens.

- yes this is the first place I come when im frustrated. sorry

Intox

Aug 21, 2014
South Florida
TX products are very good quality in general but the xdrive/xfan series is pure garbage...anything sharing power w/ the 360 power port is a bad, bad idea too.
There are better ways of externalizing your drive if u know what ur doing.

Intox

Aug 21, 2014
South Florida
Dude do u even know what ur talking about? How is a longer sata cable gonna solve ur problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask Grandma maybe she has the solution?

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
Oh come to think of it... I have plugged the sata in upside down.. it split the connector. but it still plugs in?

dang im up to 139 posts I need to chill out

Last edited:

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
No ive never successfully reballed. I put it in my skill level to be seem "knowledgeable" but I have give it hell! I have all the stuff to do it. jig, achi, profile. ive removed a chip on a xenon. the GPU chip had bubbles on top of it.... as soon as im done with this box im going to practice hard. heres a few pics

but first I want to apologize to the board and everyone for wasting time; posting useless, frustrated posts.

- I wont post anything while frustrated anymore
-I appreciate privledge to be able to use this forum.
-with that being said, happy new year. lets continue on!
1.jpg2.jpgIMG_2120.JPG
-

Intox

Aug 21, 2014
South Florida
Dude ur crazy...u just edited ur location from grandma's house, Florida to Gulf Shores, AL all of a sudden...WTF?
U also said u were a reballer now ur saying ur trying to reball...ur full of sh*t man! If u hit 150 posts and become VIP this will really show that the TX forum has gone down to sh*t. Where's a**h**e frayed when u need him...lol?

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
Since I'm a fairly nice guy and a pro reballer, seeing that you have the equipment to do a repair such as a reball, let me know if you need some help or advice. I'd be glad to help you construct good profiles and skills, along with the tips and tricks to reballing and reflowing. if you've come far enough to equip yourself, might as well start leaning a little bit and put it all to good use. My first tip, if you are new to reballing and haven't done much with it, I would suggest starting with reflows. Once you get nice reflows, you can usually move to reballing with less confusion and more experience. I just want to make sure you do good work with your consoles and not be one of those bad repairmen you often see on YouTube using the wrong techniques and not knowing what they are talking about, lol.

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out BGA mods forums. LOADS of information there. Great place for anyone to start, its where I started on my old Scottle. Now I run a Bauer v5. So give that forum a good read as well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nelskeet517