X-drive with external drive only?

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
I only have 1 dvd drive that works...and that's the one im putting into the external xdrive frame.... is it possible no not have a dvd drive internal and just have my dvd drive external??

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
I only have 1 dvd drive that works...and that's the one im putting into the external xdrive frame.... is it possible no not have a dvd drive internal and just have my dvd drive external??
that is the whole idea of it, you have it in external case not in the xbox.

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London
that is the whole idea of it, you have it in external case not in the xbox.
the whole idea of the Xdrive was to keep a stock dvd drive in the console and to have the Xdrive with custom firmware flashed to the drive which was switchable to enable the play of copied games...

OP i really dont see the point in removeing the drive from the console and using it in the xdrive.. defeats the use it was intended for

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
the whole idea of the Xdrive was to keep a stock dvd drive in the console and to have the Xdrive with custom firmware flashed to the drive which was switchable to enable the play of copied games...

OP i really dont see the point in removeing the drive from the console and using it in the xdrive.. defeats the use it was intended for
As far as i was aware he was talking about the model with the fans that fit where the dvd drive was therefore only in the external case. As below;

https://www.ck3.co.uk/tx-xdrive-plus-xfan-cooling-system-blue-led.html

Last edited:
Reactions: n1ght0wl

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
Have one on a Falcon that my kids use, been working fine until a wrote this! You can still get them but they are thin on the ground.

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
yeah as you can see I posted on that link. I only have 1 drive... what do I do?
I have only one drive attached because I have the fan where the dvd drive sits. The advantage of the xdrive if you only have one drive is you don't
have to open the xbox to change the firmware.

Nelskeet517

Feb 25, 2014
Gulf shores, AL
PAIN.jpgI followed the instructions this far, and realized that you have to have 2 DVD drives. I have 2 however; I only have 1 working dg16d2s drives. I want to have a setup like yours -garysa. I dunno I guess I can just try to figure it out but feel free to draw on this picture { like don't the 2 drives talk to each other? well if 1 is missing (X) where do the wires to X go? lol ..... I want this xdrive to work cause its real nice looking I know nephew would love it. Its just being a real pain in the ass right now

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
View attachment 30575I followed the instructions this far, and realized that you have to have 2 DVD drives. I have 2 however; I only have 1 working dg16d2s drives. I want to have a setup like yours -garysa. I dunno I guess I can just try to figure it out but feel free to draw on this picture { like don't the 2 drives talk to each other? well if 1 is missing (X) where do the wires to X go? lol ..... I want this xdrive to work cause its real nice looking I know nephew would love it. Its just being a real pain in the ass right now
Use this guide, you can just forget the fan instructions.
http://www.team-xecuter.com/xdriveplus/xDrive_Plus_install.pdf