X2 5035 Bug Reports

juanbond02 said:
Klutsh, I haven't tried an unpirated version yet cuz all the blockbusters are rented out of the game. do you think it could be a chip issue as opposed to a bios issue? thanks.
Try buying the game instead of stealing thief. Xecuter lets you back up games not steal them :)

YAKABOUSKI

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2004
San Diego, CA
Mikester18 said:
Try buying the game instead of stealing thief. Xecuter lets you back up games not steal them :)
did you read this:

juanbond02 said:
nevermind. we got it to work with an unpirated version of it. now it works like a dream and i cant wait to start playing it. thanks guys!

YAKABOUSKI said:
did you read this:
Time is a trickey thing thats great that he got an unpirated version eventually :)

iconi

Noob Account
Jun 15, 2005
Melbourne Australia
No visuals after upgrading bios to 5035

Hi I am a newbie so go easy.
I just upgraded the kids xbox with 5035 and now when the xbox boots up I don't see ANYTHING on the tv. It seems to work because I hear the xbox starting, and it appear sthat I can run games from the DVD, but I just don't get any visuals on the screen. Now i am screwed because I can't get to the evodash to downgrade the BIOS. Is this a bug with the BIOS or is it something else I have done?

Thanks

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Not a bug, sounds like you've used the wrong BIOS version for your box. In the 5035 RAR archive there should have been two bins, one marked old and one marked 1.6. (I think... don't have them in front of me right now and never used the latter.) I believe the main difference was something in the video which would explain your lack of picture.

Recommended course of action-
First, don't continue the conversation here. Start looking in the main X2CL forum (http://www.teamxecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64) for tips and if need be start a thread there. This is a bug report thread and should not be used for this particular troubleshooting. 99% certain what you have is an incorrect BIOS for your box and not a bug.
Second, confirm what version of Xbox you have. You may have done this in the past when the chip was installed. If you've never had to look this up before, check around the Team Xecuter forums for a sticky or look at www.xbox-scene.com. I know there are a number of sites that provide directions on identifying your box.
Third, make sure you are going to use the correct BIOS for your box. Old is for v1.0 to 1.5, the other file is for v1.6 boxes. (off the top of my head here... if I'm wrong someone correct me quick.)
Fourth, do a bit of digging in the main X2CL forum for a thread that described how to create a boot disc and the button presses to blindly flash the correct BIOS to your chip. I know there was a thread with these directions in the last month and a half, and the person who was having the same problem as you followed up that it worked for them. If I spot this thread I'll PM you with the link, but I would recommend you start looking on your own.

Your problem is correctable, it's not the end of the world. Read up, work patiently and check all the details. You should be able to come out of this without much hassle, and with the coolest BIOS on your box.

-Whoopin'

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
iconi said:
Hi I am a newbie so go easy.
I just upgraded the kids xbox with 5035 and now when the xbox boots up I don't see ANYTHING on the tv. It seems to work because I hear the xbox starting, and it appear sthat I can run games from the DVD, but I just don't get any visuals on the screen. Now i am screwed because I can't get to the evodash to downgrade the BIOS. Is this a bug with the BIOS or is it something else I have done?

Thanks
hello noob

read the very first post in this thread. especially the bit about not asking questions and only posting bug reports.

YAKABOUSKI

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2004
San Diego, CA
ouch

Mean

Xecuter said:
hello noob

read the very first post in this thread. especially the bit about not asking questions and only posting bug reports.
c'mon hes a newb your mean Xecuter you could have answered the question and then said not to post

Nokiatone5

Dec 28, 2004
USA - Georgia
www.purevolume.com
themrpark said:
Tiger woods pro 2005 doesn't work with either 5032 OR 5035... The game doesn't load. This game has worked for previous versions ... 4900's.

let's fix it.
Hmm, it works fine for me....

Xecuter said:
so what you are saying is that posting rules / manuals / guides is pointless cus no one reads them anyway ?

:rolleyes:
no what you were saying was right it was just the way you said it i did not think was very nice

eXPerience

Jan 13, 2003
Valencia - SPAIN
Problems with PES5 (PAL version) and the latest bios release (5035), I'm using an X2 Pro (don't remember the version) and a PAL XBOX (v1.2 I think...)

well, the problem is that I can't see anything, only the intro movie, but I can hear the sounds, so the game it's running, but on a black screen.

no problems whit others bios (evox).

sorry, my english isn't very good...

Last edited:

exodus1977

Noob Account
Jun 10, 2004
The BIOS is very rock solid! I seem to have wasted away a good 2 hours playing around with the boot animation! :) Fun, fun!

There is a minor gripe. I own the wireless controller from Logitech. With the former X2 BIOS (v4983) the controller would stay active after a warm reboot. With this version, the controller goes to sleep after a reboot. I guess I'll just have to get used to waking it up. Like I said, minor.

Thanks for breathing life back in to my aging X2!

Last edited:

Plocmstart

Noob Account
Nov 24, 2003
Black screen on startup

I know this has been posted previously in this thread by at least one person, but it looks like the response by the next person didn't believe them. I have a V1.4 XBox with a X2.6CE modchip. Using the 5035 version labelled for V1.0-V1.5 xboxes (yes I've verified it is the right one, named x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin, and written it to the chip multiple times just to be sure when this problem appeared) and I get the issue where the screen remains blank when turning on the XBox. I have only tried this with no disc in the drive. When I hit the eject button I hear the hard drive search for data and the "XECUTER CONFIG LIVE LOADING..." message appears on the screen at which it loads Avalaunch and works fine. It doesn't do this every single time the XBox boots though (happens primarily when the XBox is "cold"), which would make me initially believe it's a timing issue that is out of spec. I load the BIOS using FlashBIOS 3.0.3 which resides in bank 2. Bank 1 contains the 5035 BIOS.
Since I have a workaround of pressing the eject button to get it to boot it's not a critical issue for me, but I would appreciate it if this was investigated.

GRIlVlLOCK

May 30, 2003
upgraded a friend's 1.6 from M8 to 5035 last night (have done this 5+ times before for others with no problem) and now his f: partition shows up empty?!?!

I can ftp in and the f: drive is blank...

looking at the system settings in EvoX shows the f: partition having around 38GB left (160GB HD, no G partition), so the data should still be there, but what would cause the f: drive to go blank after flashing a new bios to the modchip?!

thanks for any help!

GRIlVlLOCK

May 30, 2003
yes, the bios is set to have f take the rest (verified by opening the bios with X2cm)

I'm seeing other posts where people have lost files and there doesn't seem to be any answers...

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Man, I really hate to dig up this old thread but the scene needs some help. Late March/early April releases of XBMC have resurfaced a bug that is also visible in UnleashX. If the X2 chip is queried for the ChipID (AMD Am29F080B on my X2.3) and you are running an X2 BIOS the system will lock on execute of the next XBE. After reboot things are fine until the ChipID is again queried. I've confirmed that this does not occur when running an X2 BIOS on an X3 chip, another user in the XBMC forums confirmed that there is no problem when running an EvoX BIOS on an X2 chip.

Team Xecuter group, I don't know how busy the team is on current projects, and with the 360 starting to open up I'm sure there will be new areas to explore. Hoping that you might be able to jump in for some troubleshooting of the situation. No idea if it would be worth it to dust off the X2CL code and try some new builds. I've been running 5035 on multiple X2 chips for almost two years now and this is the only problem I've ever encountered with it. Until this showed up in XBMC I thought it was simply a bug in UX, but further testing is indicating that it is an X2 chip/X2 BIOS combination. If any assistance can be given please jump in on the XBMC forums. (see my other posts in the X2.6 and X2CL forums for links.) Jmarshall seems to be the primary XBMC developer on the problem. He's put a workaround (i.e., no query of the chip ID) in the current SVN so the problem shouldn't be seen in the next T3CH release... but it will still exist under the covers of XBMC and with UX as well. Hopefully this one little X2 bug can be stamped out without much effort.

Thanks guys.

-Whoopin'

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Ok, I've got some info on what was going on, hopefully we can get a solution worked out. The XBMC development team had me run some tests and extract the BIOS, EEPROM and some system info. The findings reveal what might be going on. You can start from this point in the thread (http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25274&page=5#post132481) or try and make out what I've copied below. Xecuter, I hope you can make something of this and eliminate this problem.

Today, 19:50
So I got two sets of files. Ran a compare of them and found that byte for byte they were identical except for BIOSBackup.bin. Will this still provide anything useful? I'd prefer to keep my EEPROM in my own hands if possible.

Today, 20:20
Pulled out X2BM to pick apart these files, looks like may not be anything useful. Of the BIOS extracted when the chip ID hadn't been probed there were two 512K images. Found that these are vaild X2CL 5035 BIOS images. The file that was created when the chip ID was probed had 3 files... one 5035 image and two 256K FlashBIOS 3.0.3 images. Now, this may provide a clue. One thing I noticed is that when the Xbox locks up after a chip ID probe followed by an XBE execute occurs, if I press the eject button I get FlashBIOS loaded on screen.

Now, I'm not certain on this but I seem to think that the entire 1024K BIOS gets loaded into memory on boot, right? I suspect that only the chip's selected boot BIOS gets loaded into that 1024K, repeated to fill it if necessary. If (for whatever reason) the system is expecting to be able to execute from any byte offset of that code and instead of finding X2CL it hits FlashBIOS... whack. Lockup. I guess the chip ID probe is refreshing the memory image byte-for-byte off the chip. Going to run a test, I'll reflash with X2CL 5035 on both banks and see if XBMC locks after probe. Results in a few...

Today, 20:34
Imagine that, after the flash ran the same tests and data collection. Two identical BIOSBackup.bin files, each with two copies of X2CL 5035 in them. And no problem executing XBEs. Going to bring this info over to the Team Xecuter forums, hopefully I'll get some input.

-Whoopin'