X2.6 Wire Install

Onyx9999

Jan 25, 2005
i am going to be installing a x2.6 in my xbox v1.6. is it possible to do a wire install in v1.6 because i havnt heard anyone successfully do this here.

"quote"
V1.6

dont do it it burn your xbox

So this guy is saying that this procedure does not work ?!?!?

mjpcomp

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2004
Works just fine...

Onyx9999 said:
i am going to be installing a x2.6 in my xbox v1.6. is it possible to do a wire install in v1.6 because i havnt heard anyone successfully do this here.

"quote"
V1.6
dont do it it burn your xbox

So this guy is saying that this procedure does not work ?!?!?

This method works just fine. Have used it on a number of consoles, although I did it using my own wires (30 gauge solid core copper) since they were easier to solder with. But I've also used the wire harness...

It might be easier for some to just do the pin-header - a lot easier with the rebuild board.

Cedric.r

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2005
I followed this method, checked that my soldering points are ok (magnify glass+ohm meter) but my console still frags. I thought that i owned a new xbox version (I posted a reply to a topic on version problem but i didn't see that there was a dedicated forum to this subject. Sorry again:eek:) but my xbox is a 1.6. I can disable the chip and it boots normaly.

May be my Executer 2.6 is broken because i can't get the green/orange twinkling (bios problem sign)?

An other question on the method itself. Why soldering wires outside the LPC? Doesn't it work if we put wires on the LPC directly, by analogy with the pinheader?

im_dman

Aug 10, 2004
USA
Xecuter said:
First of all wire install suck. we dont like them. The LPC was designed for a pin header. However what do we know
Well being a manufacturer of a product whom you already know you have a customer base (you didn't have to seek the feedback, cause it's all right here in these very forums) for whatever reason, likes to use this method. Don't you think it would be beneficial not to say things like this and actually support it more? Maybe you do not want to supply or support it any longer but apparantly there's a demand for the wire install.

For whatever reason and this is my opinion of course that the quality of the wires and components for the 2.6CE are not as good as they were on the 2.3 lite chips. The wires are like butter, no rigidity to them whatsoever...kind of like they were over-annealed or something. And the connector with the pins seems a bit shoddy. Overall it doesn't leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling that it will work.

Now because I've only modded 1.0 boxes with solder in the LPC, this method if far easier and less time consuming then trying to remove the solder for a pin header install.

Judging from all of these posts, it would be best to show a little more support for these users. Outside of that, your product is the best out there, so hats off to you in any case.

Just expressing my views....

kah123

Sep 13, 2004
AUstin Texas
kero said:
This would read better and be less confusing if it read:

And here is a image that you may freely use... that might help some people.

(Note: i had not insulated the 5v pin yet as you all should do).

is that a 1.6 xbox, did you use the rebuild LPC on the bottem, i need a top and bottom 1.6 2.6 wire install diagrams.

Simpo20

Mar 12, 2005
hey i just bought my 2.6 ce.....

i have done the wire install, but on the chip it has a red port and in the pack i got a single red wire on it, where does this get connected to on a v1.0 xbox?

cheers

ThaCrip

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2004
USA
8itgreat said:
really surprises me when i read you guys dont like wire installs lmao...thats all i do and love them....pinheaders are a pain in the ass...every wire install i have ever done is perfect to this day... did one pinheader install and weird things were happening with it (might have been a dodgy dvd rom drive) but took it out (pain in the freaking ass ) did a wire install and presto its perfect again
i only did a wire install on my 1.0 cause it was pre-filed with solder... but the way that diagram is for the wire install on a 1.6 xbox... sure looks EXTREMELY RISKY vs the PIN HEADER option! ... mainly speaking about numbers 5 - 7 - 8 ... as those seem REAL EASY to mess up.

just my thoughts.

danextone

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2005
Very helpful so far but...

So far all you guys have answered all my questions but I messed up big time... I kinda ruined the LPC... I've got a v1.1 and i need to do a wire install... i can't use some of the contacts on the LPC... Is there anyone out there that has a diagram or picture of alternate contact points for the wire install on the v1.1 board...I can't really trace the board since my header is semi permanently in there now...

angel_zn

Apr 20, 2005
kah123 said:
so i would use this diagram at the bottom
This image above shows an extra link in the LPC rebuild. See the fifth (5th) LPC hole from the bottom (left hand side) on that image. That LPC hole is not used in the official Xecuter images here:
http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/16/x3_16rebuild.jpg

So which is the correct way to do a LPC rebuild?

kah123 said:
and this one top
From what I can understand, this image shows you how to do a wire install on a 1.6 without doing the LPC rebuild on the other side. If you had done the rebuild, then you would be abel to solder direct to all the LPC points (4 points to link in Xecuter LPC rebuild directions and 4 wires on this diagram that are not connected direct to LPC).

So, basically:

1.6 wire install method 1 = do Xecuter LPC rebuild and solder all wires to standard LPC points (except red wire 5v)
1.6 wire install method 2 = do not do LPC rebuild and follow wire diagram just above (points 1 - 10)

Am I correct????

giggy

Nov 12, 2004
canada
ok, which method from above should i use? i tried the none rebuild method, no luck. frag. i will now try the rebuild method, but what is with that extra link?

Ascoe

May 16, 2005
Thanks for this, wire install worked prefectly on my 1.0 xbox.

First install ever too.

Patollo

May 25, 2005
Xecuter said:
First of all wire install suck. we dont like them. The LPC was designed for a pin header. However what do we know ? SO if you want to use wires - make sure you follow the X3 Pin Header Tutorials to the letter - except of course the part where you have to solder a pin header - in this case you will be soldering the wires.

You will notice that there is a really long red wire on the wires adapter. This is mainly for the v1.6 - where you have to pull 5V from an alternative point. Do not connect the extra red wire supplied - this is for pin header installs only. You must tape up / insulate the 5v pin on the X2.6 PCB itself so it doesnt short anywhere.

Simply follow the solder points below - very easy to follow.

V1.0 - v1.5

V1.6

which image do I use as a soldering guide?? In the top one, all wires are soldered into the LPC, but in the bottom it shows the same wires being soldered onto the board?? BTW, I will be using the wire install adapter.

Patollo

May 25, 2005
Sorry, I forgot to say I have a 2.6CE Lite installing on a 1.4-1.5 xbox (not 100% sure)