X2.6 Wire Install

drslot

Noob Account
Jul 28, 2005
You have to use a wire install on a motherboard with the header holes filled in, clearing the holes is too time-consuming and risky. Use the header install if the holes are empty. The red, gray and green wire on the small plug is for HD LED, LAN LED, and D0. You can find the install instructions at Team Xecuter.

cf9988

Noob Account
Jun 13, 2005
Need help with wire install.

I killed my old 1.6 board and I got a replacement with the xecuter 1.6 rebuild PCB already attached. The pin header was not installed.

Do I use the 1.5 diagram since the LPC has been rebuild already by the PCB? Or, do I use the 1.6 diagram?

Since there is no power to the red 3 on the LPC I assume I attach it to alternate location.

Please help....I don't want to kill another board.

Thanks

Last edited:

boobboo

Noob Account
Sep 3, 2005
solution to wire install with pcb attached

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Here is the full story.

I had a xbox 1.4-1.5 and I installed a 2.3 pro onto it using a pin header and it worked great. Loved it!:D

I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Told all my friends about it. One of them asked me to mod his xbox 1.6 with an executer 2.6. Now for "a little knowledge is dangerous". I installed the pin header and then found out I had to do the LPC rebuild. Then stupidity kicked in...I tried using the PCB that came with the chip and I could not get it to attach to the motherboard with the globs of solder on the pin header. I then tried to remove it and pulled a couple of traces and fried the board.:(

I ordered a new board from ebay...it turned out to be a xbox 1.6 with the xecuter PCB already professionally soldered in place and the LPC holes filled in. Looks like they were trying to create an easy way to do a wire install. Why they did not also do the pin header is beyond me.:cool:

The solution:

Since the holes on the LPC were filled I soldered following the diagram for the 1.0-1.5.....except I soldered the green one to pin hole 15 and the red one to the alt 5v. Worked like a charm! :D It was a very fast install.

On a side note I found out from reading I could have left the green wire where is belonged since the PCB actually connects the 9 and 15 pin.

Now a little stupidity....thought it was a 2.6 but it turned out to be the purple X3.

Got the bios flashed using http....that was great. I put the x3 bios on bank 2 (1028k) and I tried to update the flashbios on bank 1 from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 but I can't get it to work. I guess I should leave it alone since it did the job.

Hope this helps someone.
[/font]

m00g00

Noob Account
Apr 10, 2004
v1.6 wire install w/ lpc rebuilt installation help Please!!!

Confusion...

Alright i need some help here. I have been doing mods for a bit now and am a little confused her with the 1.6 wire. This is my first 1.0-1.5 are cake for me. The only reason why iam doing the wire mod is i have lost the pin header.

Now looking at the wiring pic there is a dia for the X3 and the LPC for versions 1.0-1.5 motherboards. Under that is the wire install for the 1.6 board. Now i still have the lpc rebuild chip and would like to use it becuase it just makes life so much easier. The question is which pic do i follow?

Is the x3 wire pic for the wire install with lpc rebuild for ver 1.6? Also same as the lpc wire pic is that used for the 2.6 chip with lpc rebuild installed. Is the ver 1.6 wire pic for installation without the lpc (teadious blue wire install on back of the board).

I just need to make this clear on what iam supposed to do. I am doing this for a friend and dont need to buy someone a new board. This is just confusing casue i held the lpc up to the board and followed the 1.6 pic. The grey wire which i thought to be the d0 wire goes into its hole but when u look at the lpc rebuild chip and follow trace to the D0 point it solders to the hole below the grey wire (wire #9).

Just to say the soldering is easy for me i just want to be clear on where i need to put the wires to use the LPC Rebuild w/ the wire intstall. If i cant use the lpc board with the wires so be it i will do the stuff on the back.. If someone could respond to thsi quick it would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

moo

Last edited:

m00g00

Noob Account
Apr 10, 2004
alrigt i believe i fugured it out i forgot about the 3 wire plug for the d0/hdd/lan. Just frustraded. Going to go ahead and use the 1.6 photo

Cra41g

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2004
Scotland, UK
xcrosende said:
Xecuter said:
First of all wire install suck. we dont like them. The LPC was designed for a pin header. However what do we know ? SO if you want to use wires - make sure you follow the X3 Pin Header Tutorials to the letter - except of course the part where you have to solder a pin header - in this case you will be soldering the wires.

You will notice that there is a really long red wire on the wires adapter. This is mainly for the v1.6 - where you have to pull 5V from an alternative point. Do not connect the extra red wire supplied - this is for pin header installs only. You must tape up / insulate the 5v pin on the X2.6 PCB itself so it doesnt short anywhere.

Simply follow the solder points below - very easy to follow.

V1.0 - v1.5

V1.6

dont do it it burn your xbox

Eh?

boobboo

Noob Account
Sep 3, 2005
Here is what I did...and it works.

Install the PCB to fix the LPC.

Use the 1.0-1.5 wire install diagram....with the following changes....grey d0 to the PCB where it is labelled, the HD and Lan to their respective points...red to the alternate 5V....the green to where it is labelled on the 1.6 wire install diagram (i think the green can go where it is suppose to since the 9&15 are linked on the PCB...I just did not want to try it).

I hope this helps.

MotoX

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2002
I have a XBOX 1.6

In this pic
http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/16/wire/x3_wire_v16.jpg

Do I run a wire from the proper pins in the pin header in the LPC to the spots numbered 3,4,5,7 and 8 ? I have done several 1.0 to 1.5 XBOX'es, but never a 1.6.

I like the wiring diagram that shows the motherboard WITH the wires attached.

Thanks to whomever posted that nice pic. If I can get mine working I will post some nice pictures.

MMXMonster

Noob Account
Jun 16, 2004
The red, green and grey wire that snake to the bottom of the mother board are for:

Red - Hard drive LED
Green - LAN activity LED
Grey - D0

If you follow the X3 install guide it will show the exact point needed to solder to for these points.

Pinheader all the way... never fails... I still occassionally wire the LPC by hand with out using a quick rebuild board, keeps me in practice.

buztabuzt

Noob Account
Aug 26, 2004
VA
missing 5v wire

i'm installing a 1.6, did the rebuild and all but couldn't find the friggin 5V wire afterwords so i just used a spare wire and soldered it to the 3 spot... should this work?

If not what is on the wire that comes with the chip so i can buy/make another.

thanks so much
succesfull=4
frags=1
pending=1

ppsproshop

Noob Account
Dec 24, 2005
OK guys, I'm confused!!! I have the xecuter 2.6, and a version 1.0 xbox. I have installed the wires as shown on the diagram, but STILL no power!!!! Xbox boots to retail screen and freezes! Do I have to solder the connecter with the three wires (red, green, and grey) anywhere?? I see it on the diagram, but is it optional or mandatory?? I could not get the solderless to work, same problem, no led on chip!!!

HELLLLLLLP!:(:(:(

buztabuzt

Noob Account
Aug 26, 2004
VA
Answers to post 51 and 52

post #51 and 52 you can find those answers in a lot of places on these forums if you looked...
51- a 10 or 15 watt soldering iron. you can find one at radio shack
52- they are mandatory... you must connect those

_498_

Noob Account
May 24, 2005
Hi friends, I have a problem and not if the cables estan good like that, I have welded The red long cable that comes in the conector wire and not if it is connected or not ... I have a mistake 7 in the console, the rare thing is that initially the logo of the evox goes out for me but then it does not continue loading it sets to blink in red and not if this cable goes or not connected I show a few photos in order that say me ... a greeting.My Xbox is a V1.5

P.D.: Sorry for my English but I am a Spanish boy.

sw20

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2006
hi i was wondering what tools i need to install the x2.6ce this is my first time thankz

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Here are the images that got lost from Xecuter's first post when the domain got switched up. An admin could probably edit that first post later to make them work again. Read through the thread for info on the 1.6 w/LPC rebuild. As was recommended earlier, I also believe a pinheader install is better than a wire install. The only exception would be if the LPC holes are already filled with solder like on 1.0 boards.

1.0 - 1.5, 1.6 if you rebuild the LPC but you still need to relocate the red wire as showin in the 2nd image

1.6 without doing the LPC rebuild, probably the easier way to go.

-Whoopin'