X3 Installed, now what do I do?? (Q&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I'm writing this as I've seen a surge of posts from people not really understanding what the next step is once you have the FlashBIOS on screen.

Q: I can see a FlashBIOS screen - what is FlashBIOS?
A: FlashBIOS is a legal BIOS which gives you the ability to flash another BIOS to it. It cannot boot backups, imports or homebrew software.

Q: I'm booting FlashBIOS 3.0.1 - do I need to update it to 3.0.3?
A: No. There is no advantage in doing this. You will still be left with FlashBIOS.

Q: I've just flashed FlashBIOS 3.0.1 to my chip. It flashes fine but then when I reboot, it looks the same.
A: You just flashed your chip with another copy of FlashBIOS - nothing has changed, therefore nothing's different.

Q: Ok - what am I supposed to flash to the chip?
A: A hacked BIOS. They are illegal which is why you won't find one on this site. Go to #xbins on EFNet and you'll see how to access the #xbins FTP Server.

Q: There are loads to choose from - which one is best for me?
A: Since you have an X3, flash the latest X3 BIOS if you have a 1.0-1.5 and the v16plus version of the latest BIOS if you have a 1.6/1.6b.

Q: Ok I downloaded the Correct BIOS, but it's a .RAR file - what do I do with this?
A: It's a compressed WinRAR file - download and install WinRAR on your PC to extract it. Once extracted, you'll see the correct files needed.

Q: What should I set the bank switches to?
A: Boot your FlashBIOS. Once booted, set the switches to on on off off off (1MB 1234) to flash the 1st 1MB Bank. You need to select a 1MB Bank as the X3 BIOS is a 1MB BIOS (duh ;)).

Q: I flashed it and it boots with the Xecuter Rox my box logo - I only see the MS Dashboard. Where's the X3 Config Live?
A: Hold the white button down during bootup.

Q: Do I need to use the EVOX bios to run EVOX Dashboard?
A: No, the X3 Bios does everything the EVOX bios will do plus substantially more. If you have an X3, you should be using the X3 designed BIOS

I will add to this as time progresses.....

Martin

punch

Jan 3, 2005
Detroit
Martin C what is that linux window open that tells mewhat my ip and brouser is what is the program called or did u wirte it

fxE20170

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2004
DC Metro
what bios did you flash the chip with and what did you set your switches to? can you boot to the MS dash or the bios screen if you reboot?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
cgtx32 said:
Q: I flashed it and it boots with a blank screen, is there something wrong?
In the SAME LIST as this Q&A there's a post called

"Blank Screen After Flash X3 - SOLDER LPC 13 & 14 CORRECT"

Did you read it??

Martin

aznmask

Dec 20, 2004
usa
i need help.. my Xbox is 1.6 and my chip is X3CE.. when i turn on my Xbox it went to the blue screen said FlashBIOS 3.0.1.

Now do i have to d/l another flashbios?

aznmask said:
i need help.. my Xbox is 1.6 and my chip is X3CE.. when i turn on my Xbox it went to the blue screen said FlashBIOS 3.0.1.

No, now you install the X3 BIOS.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
aznmask said:

You have gotta be kidding me :mad:

Q: I'm booting FlashBIOS 3.0.1 - do I need to update it to 3.0.3?
A: No. FlashBIOS is a legal BIOS which gives you the ability to flash another BIOS to it.
This is the FIRST entry in my sticky above. The next three Q&A answer your question completely.

You wonder why people get pissed off - you didn't even bother to read the Q&A before posting and had the goddamn nerve to post right after it.

Learn to read before embarking in ANYTHING ELSE Xbox related.

Martin

j0siah

VIP Member
Jan 22, 2004
Just a suggestion:

Re: Q3/Q4 - Could we be more specific? Put the name of the currently available hacked bios in there.

And how about
Q: Do I need to use the EVOX bios to run EVOX?
A: No, the X3 Bios does everything the EVOX bios will do plus substantially more. If you have an X3, you should be using the X3 designed BIOS

aznmask

Dec 20, 2004
usa
i d/l the 1959_v16plus and burned in DVD.. and when but my xbox said "No Bios Update found.. Halting!" am i doing something wrong? i'm sure my xbox can read the dvd-r...

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
aznmask said:
i d/l the 1959_v16plus and burned in DVD.. and when but my xbox said "No Bios Update found.. Halting!" am i doing something wrong? i'm sure my xbox can read the dvd-r...
You followed the FlashBIOS tutorial yes?

If not then read it before posting again.

Martin

freakzilla3333

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2004
At the moment I have an X2.3B Lite, evoxdash.xbe is on the C part of my hard drive and loads up when I turn my XBOX on. I 'm going to fit the X3 Saturday and flash the X3 bios to it. You said:
Q: I flashed it and it boots with the Xecuter Rox my box logo - I only see the MS Dashboard.
Because my evoxdash loads up instead of the MS Dash with my X2.3B Lite, will evoxdash load up instead of the MS Dash after fitting the X3 chip and flashing with the X3 Bios?

Last edited:

pauldy

Oct 2, 2004
Austin
www.whitehouse.com
freakzilla3333 said:
Because my evoxdash loads up instead of the MS Dash with my X2.3B Lite, will evoxdash load up instead of the MS Dash after fitting the X3 chip and flashing with the X3 Bios?
Set your boot drive to c in config live and yes it will.

Noob Account
May 6, 2004
hi i'm french and i wanna know something, i heard that 1.6 xbox have some problem with flashbios 3.0.3 and unfortunately the x3 i bought has it, how can i do to replace flashbios with the 3.0.1 version and boot on it?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
50 said:
hi i'm french and i wanna know something, i heard that 1.6 xbox have some problem with flashbios 3.0.3 and unfortunately the x3 i bought has it, how can i do to replace flashbios with the 3.0.1 version and boot on it?
It will work, it just needs a little persuasion.

1. Boot the Xbox - once the eject light stops flashing, press the eject button.
2 .The eject light will stop flashing again - press the button again.
Repeat step 2. It will appear.

If you really need to boot 3.0.1, then the backup BIOS should have it, or the other 1MB BIOS (try both banks 1234 and 5678).

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.