Dec 20, 2004
UK
www.midnightoker.co.uk
just scroll up...

chet89 said:
ok i am so newb.......so sorry but where can i download X3 1959 bios file from
and we look at the top of the page to:
The Frikkin FAQ at the top of the page said:
Q: Ok - what am I supposed to flash to the chip?
A: A hacked BIOS. They are illegal which is why you won't find one on this site. Go to #xbins on EFNet and you'll see how to access the #xbins FTP Server.
:eek:

I know i'm all new here and everything, but can i suggest people start posting support requests in the support forum?

MidnighToker

Dec 20, 2004
UK
www.midnightoker.co.uk
go on Mr... please.... break the law for me!

Rawen said:
Would anyone bother to email me a X3 1959 bios? mail to [email protected]
Well, as is written at the top of the page
from the top of the page said:
Q: Ok - what am I supposed to flash to the chip?
A: A hacked BIOS. They are illegal which is why you won't find one on this site. Go to #xbins on EFNet and you'll see how to access the #xbins FTP Server.
Similar logic applies to why we wont e-mail it to you.
apart from the whole legal ussue (i mean who really wants to wazz off Micro$oft) if you can be bothered modding your xbox and flashing it with a bios then you should be bothered to read up on how to do so, in the process finding where to get the bios's from. -some even have pretty pictures walking you through it.

That, and its just unnecicary to send large e-mails with easily attaiable software...slows everything down....

Anyway, sorry to rant but thats why noone's gotten back to you (or why you shouldn't if you're thinking about it).

j0siah

VIP Member
Jan 22, 2004
I have another Q&A Suggestion:
It could be an addition to
Q: There are loads to choose from - which one is best for me?
Add infront of the current Answer:
First, UNRAR (it's like Unzipping) the Bios file.

(or something like it...)
Lots of this lately.

bklynbob

Dec 4, 2004
USA
These answers would have helped a week ago. Q&A on page 1 is great. I've installed my X3, is works now. Have done the xbins thing and downloaded the 2913 bios; know I have to use the 2913 V16 Plus as I have a Ver 1.6 Xbox.
When I unzipped the bios file, there were a few readme files, a Skins folder and a version of 2913 for the 1 to 5 ver of Xbox and one for the 1.6 version. Do I burn just the X3 2913 V16Plus file to a DVD disk or should the Readme and the Skins Folder be burned to the disk also? Do I have to rename the file to 2913,bin before I burn it or just leave it as is. After I in stall the bios then I have to install a dashboard, right. Thanks for the info.

Vyrus

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2004
You need to FTP the x3skins folder to E:/x3skins - After that Flash your BIOS with the 2913 V16 Plus if you have 1.6 xbox.

bklynbob

Dec 4, 2004
USA
Thanks for the info. Martin C, before last week I was trying to figure out why the chip wouldn't work. Got that fixed. Read the Flash Bios Guide, understood it.Went on xbins to download it, unzipped it and found more files then mentioned in the Guide, so wasn't sure if the rest of the files were added after the guide was written. Don't want to mess the chip up now that its working. Vyrus, thanks too. The kids say I'm to old to be doing this stuff.

blackhat

Noob Account
Feb 2, 2005
I have the X3CE. I flashed bios version 3.0.3, and the MS dash boots up with an X3 logo, but its on the top left side. Besides that, MS dash boots up fine, and the Flash bios says that I have bios version 3.0.3. What should I do now, if i wanna put Evox? I'm planning on using Slayers Auto Installer. Any suggestions, comments?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
blackhat said:
I have the X3CE. I flashed bios version 3.0.3, and the MS dash boots up with an X3 logo, but its on the top left side. Besides that, MS dash boots up fine, and the Flash bios says that I have bios version 3.0.3. What should I do now, if i wanna put Evox? I'm planning on using Slayers Auto Installer. Any suggestions, comments?
X3 logo in the top left?

Exactly what does it say?

Martin

TeamX-cuter

VIP Member
Feb 19, 2005
Nebraska, the big USA
Q: Ok I downloaded the Correct BIOS, but it's a .RAR file - what do I do with this?
A: It's a compressed WinRAR file - download and install WinRAR on your PC to extract it. Once extracted, you'll see the correct files needed.

I have downloaded the correct bios ......and i have extracted it ....but i dont know if i want all the files or just the X3 2924...on my cd when i flash the modchip

Last edited:

freakzilla3333

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2004
You need to get X2BM xecuter 2 bios manager, then create a 1mb bios using this (tutorial is on xbox-scene.com). This is what you want on your CD.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
freakzilla3333 said:
You need to get X2BM xecuter 2 bios manager, then create a 1mb bios using this (tutorial is on xbox-scene.com). This is what you want on your CD.
The X3 *is* a 1MB BIOS.

You just need to use the required BIOS per instructions on www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios.

Martin

freakzilla3333

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2004
Ok, I did it with X2BM and it worked, nevermind. Respect MartinC, no offense man I'm just saying.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I know what you said- I'm just pointing out that you don't even need to use X2BM with the X3 BIOS because:

a - you don't need to resize it.
b - you cannot flash it from the programmer anyway.

It just seems from your comments that you didn't really understand what you were doing in the first place. All you'll do is confuse others!!!!

Martin

freakzilla3333

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2004
I flashed it with a cd, I searched for bios at xbox-scene and followed the instructions. Sorry for any confusion man.

curt704

Feb 23, 2005
Q: I have the new pro switch for X3. I turned of flash protection..pushed buttons 1 and two in for on and left the others out for off. I downloaded flashbios 3.0.3 from TeamXecuter.com and flashed via http. The xbox then shut down. I started it up by holding in the smaller power button but still just get the normal xbox screen. I know I am a n00b but can I get some help please?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
curt704 said:
Q: I have the new pro switch for X3. I turned of flash protection..pushed buttons 1 and two in for on and left the others out for off. I downloaded flashbios 3.0.3 from TeamXecuter.com and flashed via http. The xbox then shut down. I started it up by holding in the smaller power button but still just get the normal xbox screen. I know I am a n00b but can I get some help please?
This post tells me that you haven't bothered to read either my Q&A or the X3 tutorial.

Don't post again until you have.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.