X3 Installed, Now What Do I Do?? (Q&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Q: I can see a FlashBIOS screen - what is FlashBIOS?
A: FlashBIOS is a legal BIOS which gives you the ability to flash another BIOS to it. It cannot boot backups, imports or homebrew software.

Q: I'm booting FlashBIOS 3.0.1 - do I need to update it to 3.0.3?
A: No. There is no advantage in doing this. You will still be left with FlashBIOS.

Q: I've just flashed FlashBIOS 3.0.1 to my chip. It flashes fine but then when I reboot, it looks the same.
A: You just flashed your chip with another copy of FlashBIOS - nothing has changed, therefore nothing's different.

Q: Ok - what am I supposed to flash to the chip?
A: A hacked BIOS. They are illegal which is why you won't find one on this site. Go to #xbins on EFNet and you'll see how to access the #xbins FTP Server.

Q: There are loads to choose from - which one is best for me?
A: Since you have an X3, flash the latest X3 BIOS if you have a 1.0-1.5 and the v16plus version of the latest BIOS if you have a 1.6/1.6b.

Q: Ok I downloaded the Correct BIOS, but it's a .RAR file - what do I do with this?
A: It's a compressed WinRAR file - download and install WinRAR on your PC to extract it. Once extracted, you'll see the correct files needed.

Q: What should I set the bank switches to?
A: Boot your FlashBIOS. Once booted, set the switches to on on off off off (1MB 1234) to flash the 1st 1MB Bank. You need to select a 1MB Bank as the X3 BIOS is a 1MB BIOS (duh ).

Q: I flashed it and it boots with the Xecuter Rox my box logo - I only see the MS Dashboard. Where's the X3 Config Live?
A: Hold the white button down during bootup.

Q: Do I need to use the EVOX bios to run EVOX Dashboard?
A: No, the X3 Bios does everything the EVOX bios will do plus substantially more. If you have an X3, you should be using the X3 designed BIOS

Reactions: jellyrole
Status
Not open for further replies.