Bank 7: on off off on
Bank 8: off off off on

512k Bank
Bank 12: on on on off
Bank 34: off on on off
Bank 56: on off on off
Bank 78: off off on off

1MB Bank
Bank 1234: on on off off (Set to this when flashing first time with FlashBIOS)
Bank 5678: off on off off

2MB Bank
Bank 12345678: off off off off"

Manny_M

Noob Account
Jan 27, 2005
Great, I was wondering how the bank settings worked, and it shows it in full visual glory!!

I'm planning on flashing my bios from 1959 to 2913, so wish to switch to the other bank, in case it goes awry.

Cheers!

Slawek

Dec 13, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I upgraded from 1959 to 2913 and I'm wondering if using ON ON OFF OFF OFF like flashing for the first time was a good idea or not? It worked fine?

ureterral

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.fase.me
Manny_M said:
Great, I was wondering how the bank settings worked, and it shows it in full visual glory!!

I'm planning on flashing my bios from 1959 to 2913, so wish to switch to the other bank, in case it goes awry.

Cheers!
U dont need to worry about bad flash's cos of the backup bank.

HoBoZ

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2004
USA
bc-tz.com

cwest

Noob Account
Jan 24, 2005
blank flash bar

otay here is the deal. I have x3 v1.0 xbox. i put the chip in and im able to get to the cromwell 3.0.0 bios. however, when i send the flash HTTP the flash screen either has no progress bar indicator or the bar will fill up yellow and hang for either 3.1 or 3.3 flash. this was a solder free install also so no solder or flux issues as i cleaned the board to make sure. one other thing. when i send 3.1 or 3.3 which is 256K the HTTP says "found flash Xecuter3 (2048K) (01 ad) is that the default display or is it saying that the file is 2mb?:eek: :eek: :eek:

preciate the input

sandman951

Noob Account
Feb 28, 2005
If you are using the pro switch the switch bank layout changes to
5 1 2 3 4

So when you are told to set your switch to 'on on off off off' you really should be setting your switch to 'off on on off off'.

Seriously I would of thought there would of been an update to this thread when they released the pro switch, it caused a lot of problems for me and I bet it caused problems for other ppl.

Zaragosa

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
Bank Selection/BIOS Flashing

Setting dip switches to on on off off off (banks 1-4), and flashed 3029 v16plus (have a v1.6 xbox :-}). Then when I boot into the bios, leaving dip switches on on off off off, x3 config live reports the bios as 3029 banks 5-8?

So, if I switch the dip switches to off on off off off (banks 5-8) the bios still reports as set to 3029 banks 5-8.

My problem is I want to flash a different bios to banks 5, 6, 7, 8, 5-6, 7-8, or 5-8 but am unable to as it seems there is no way to select the bios to boot from those banks. I have even tried using the softmod bank selection from within the bios to boot to the other banks, but upon returning to x3 config live it resets back to banks 5-8, even with the dip switches set to on on off off off.

Weird... Does anyone have any ideas or a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

nartac

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2004
USA
Zaragosa said:
Setting dip switches to on on off off off (banks 1-4), and flashed 3029 v16plus (have a v1.6 xbox :-}). Then when I boot into the bios, leaving dip switches on on off off off, x3 config live reports the bios as 3029 banks 5-8?

So, if I switch the dip switches to off on off off off (banks 5-8) the bios still reports as set to 3029 banks 5-8.

My problem is I want to flash a different bios to banks 5, 6, 7, 8, 5-6, 7-8, or 5-8 but am unable to as it seems there is no way to select the bios to boot from those banks. I have even tried using the softmod bank selection from within the bios to boot to the other banks, but upon returning to x3 config live it resets back to banks 5-8, even with the dip switches set to on on off off off.

Weird... Does anyone have any ideas or a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

I have a suggestion as to the diagnosis of your problem. Try disconnecting the cable to your X3 control panel and then flash. By default, you will be flashing to banks 1234. Then boot to X3 config live to see if you have flashed it to banks 1234. If it works, no doubt you have a faulty X3 control panel or the cable is bad.

stewart2423

Noob Account
Mar 24, 2005
hey i just got my xecuter 3 and i bought an lcd panel with it as well i come up to the blue screen and i can never shrink the 100mb to 1mb and i have it on on off off is there suppose to be a 5th can someone please HELP ME!

Korby Heinsen

Mar 29, 2005
The pro switch is the same as the one on the X3 control panel set up? If so the it should be set to "protect"- Off, "1"- On, "2"-On, "3"-Off, "4"-Off before flash?

sb122606

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2004
England
Korby Heinsen said:
The pro switch is the same as the one on the X3 control panel set up? If so the it should be set to "protect"- Off, "1"- On, "2"-On, "3"-Off, "4"-Off before flash?
yes u r correct..however many of the people offering support are old school and still quote the old switch settings for the old thin black control panel.

This had dip switches with the flash protect dip switch on switch 5 whereas the control panel has flash protect on the first push switch.

thats why

eg
old control panel (dip switches)
bank 1-4 on,on,off,off,off (flash protect)

new X3 control panel (illuminated push switches)
bank 1-4 off(flash protect),on,on,off,off

BOTH ARE THE SAME BANKS SELECTED they are just expressed differently

TerryHau

Noob Account
Mar 13, 2005
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I dont understan this whole dipswitch thing.
I mean, theres an option in the X3L that lets you choose a bank. So does it boot from what you choose in there, or from what the switches are on?

I've only got the main X3 bios on banks 1-4, and no matter what i set the switches to, it still boots the bios. So i don't get it.

Also, if i want to upgrade flashbios 3.0.0 to 3.0.3, which bank do i flash it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.