- X3 Switch Bank Settings -

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb122606

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2004
England
TerryHau said:
I dont understan this whole dipswitch thing.
I mean, theres an option in the X3L that lets you choose a bank. So does it boot from what you choose in there, or from what the switches are on?

I've only got the main X3 bios on banks 1-4, and no matter what i set the switches to, it still boots the bios. So i don't get it.

Also, if i want to upgrade flashbios 3.0.0 to 3.0.3, which bank do i flash it to?
well exactly that...u do not need the switches they r just a nice option..it will cold boot from switch settings...or if no switch present ..then whatever sits in first 1Mb block...
from there u can select the second 1M if u wish and reboot..it will continue to this until u power off and then it reverts back to booting from the first block.

It does not sound like u have your switches connected properly to me if switch settings make no difference...
it as though they r not connected hence xbox will always boot first bank.

NOTE with all switches off or no switches connected the actual bios size selected is 2M...however the x3 starts at the top of the stack and will boot the bios from the first 1M bank...if there is no bios installed here then it will not boot...

mr_yeoman

Noob Account
Jun 12, 2005
Not to sound to dumb, but I still have a small amount of confusion on this issue. So when I got my X3ce it came with 3.01 on 1234 and 3.03 on 5678. Since I have a v1.6b I can only get it to boot to the X3 Dash with off on off off off (01000), aka banks 5678. So I want to flash banks 1234, but I can’t boot to them. So do I boot with 01000 and then when I am in the network update screen just flip switch 1 to on (11000) and then will it write to banks 1234? Or to ask it another way, are the switch updates done in real time or are changes only made when the xbox is off?
Mainly I am afraid of messing up the half of the bios that works, leaving me with two broken halves.

mr_yeoman

Noob Account
Jun 12, 2005
Never mind, it was in a different post:
http://www.teamxecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23365

Q: What should I set the bank switches to?
A: Boot your FlashBIOS. Once booted, set the switches to on on off off off (1MB 1234) to flash the 1st 1MB Bank. You need to select a 1MB Bank as the X3 BIOS is a 1MB BIOS (duh ).

It was the Once booted part I missed. So to answer my question, boot with 01000 and on the update screen, switch it to 11000, then update it.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
mr_yeoman said:
Never mind, it was in a different post:
http://www.teamxecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23365

Q: What should I set the bank switches to?
A: Boot your FlashBIOS. Once booted, set the switches to on on off off off (1MB 1234) to flash the 1st 1MB Bank. You need to select a 1MB Bank as the X3 BIOS is a 1MB BIOS (duh ).

It was the Once booted part I missed. So to answer my question, boot with 01000 and on the update screen, switch it to 11000, then update it.
You get a badge for reading my Q&A :)

The important thing to note regarding FlashBIOS is this: regardless of HOW you get it to load, it'll always flash to the banks you have selected.

Martin

traxxasman

Noob Account
Jul 31, 2005
First boot on banks 5678

i have a 1.6b xbox and a xecuter 3CE with the Pro Switch and xapt3r16

the tutorials say im supposed to boot with it set to banks 1234 so i can flash the X3 bios to it, but it wont boot on banks 1234. So is it safe to flash the X3 bios to banks 5678?

It also wont boot in backup or when the pro switch is unplugged.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
traxxasman said:
i have a 1.6b xbox and a xecuter 3CE with the Pro Switch and xapt3r16

the tutorials say im supposed to boot with it set to banks 1234 so i can flash the X3 bios to it, but it wont boot on banks 1234. So is it safe to flash the X3 bios to banks 5678?

It also wont boot in backup or when the pro switch is unplugged.
If banks 5678 boot, then read my previous post.

If you leave the switches set for banks 5678 when you flash, you will OVERWRITE the only good working copy of FlashBIOS.

So, once booted from banks 5678, set the switches to banks 1234 (red, on on off off) and start flashing. You'll keep FlashBIOS safe. You can then go into X3CL once working and flash the backup ROM with 3.0.3.

Martin

mold

Noob Account
Aug 11, 2005
help!

i got a xecuter 3 ce modchip and after i did the bios following the directions i got from http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/x3beginnersguide.htm after it was falshed my xbox turned off and when i turned it back on it kept going to the original xbox dashboard and said no chip was detected so i turned it off and then turned it back on and my screen was blank and my power led was blinking red. Then i turned it off again and started it in 256k backup mode and now it brought me back to the blueteam xecuter dashboard.
i got 2 Questions
1. why was the power led blinking red?
2. how come it wont boot regulary with the blue xecuter led? do i need to change the banks ?

chrisdekelver

Aug 28, 2005
Ok! I just tried updating my X3 build 1959 to 3294! I went through the processes! and i put the build in 1+2+3+4! the process went as should, but when my xbox started back up, the green LED flashes once, then ...nothing, then flashes once again... nothing... then starts flashing green and red! the screen is just totally black.. I could use some help on this one please, if anyone knows anything about this or has had simular problems! My Xbox ran great up until this point and has not had any problems before! please reply here or to [email protected] replies will be greatly appreciated

chrisdekelver

Aug 28, 2005
Also I thought I would quickly mention to my above post.. when I set my switch to"on-off-on-on" my LED does not flash, but it turns orange! same happens when I set it to "off-off-on-on"

chrisdekelver

Aug 28, 2005
I just flashed X3_3294.bin! I cant even boot up to a screen to flash from now, or else I would try Http, I used the Via Hard drive methood!

chrisdekelver

Aug 28, 2005
EVEN FURTHER INFORMATION about my problem!

I have noticed that the blue LEDabove the 5 switches only seems to turn on when the #4 switch is set to 'on' Does anyone know what that means? I have gone over all my connections and they are all secure and in the correct spots, no cracks in wires, nothing, I havent touched the inside of my Xbox and it has been working incredibly until i flashed to 3294! please help!

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Boot the backup BIOS (power & eject). That's what it's for! You should be able to boot this since you have a 1.6. Set you switches accordingly and reflash. You can do this as many times as you like since the backup BIOS cannot be written over with FlashBIOS.

Martin

chrisdekelver

Aug 28, 2005
so what do I do when pushing both power and eject doesnt do a damn thing! switches set fine and nothing seems to work

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
When you boot to the backup BIOS, the switches aren't even taken into account.

Press power and eject. The X3 logo should turn purple and FlashBIOS should load.

Once loaded, set the switches to the bank you want to flash and do your stuff..

Martin

Rookio

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2005
Sydney, Australia
chrisdekelver said:
I just flashed X3_3294.bin! I cant even boot up to a screen to flash from now, or else I would try Http, I used the Via Hard drive methood!
Dude, according to your Profile you got a 1.6b. This tells me two things, your backup bios is not going to work, so your gonna need to hotswap or get a non 1.6b xbox.

2nd, you used the wrong bios. Use x3_3294_v16plus.bin

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
chrisdekelver said:
Also I thought I would quickly mention to my above post.. when I set my switch to"on-off-on-on" my LED does not flash, but it turns orange! same happens when I set it to "off-off-on-on"
Rookio - Apologies. I misread this!

Chris - try booting from off on off off.

Martin

Nov 17, 2003
Man, I wanted to make a bios so I could have all my led's light up on the x3cp!!! Guess I am going to have to figure out how to reverse the led's so they light up when not pressed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.