- X3 Switch Bank Settings -

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlenny

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2005
I've got the X3, with solderless adapter. I loaded flashbios 3.0.1 just fine and tried to http flash X3_3294.bin. Everything went fine but it hung up with half a green bar (so the yellow bar underneath had completely finished). It stuck there for a few minutes so I ended up powering that down. I tried booting and got the boot three times, green and red flashing light thing. So I booted off of 3&4 (off off on on off) and tried again. Same thing.

Now there's no combo at all that will get me anything other than the flashing red and green lights.

Xbox v1.0 if it helps.

Any ideas or is the modchip done?

jadams

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2005
Regarding this comment...

U dont need to worry about bad flash's cos of the backup bank.

I have a v1.0 board + x3 ce and flashed a m7 bios from the http menu and now Im stuck in frag. backup bios does NOT respond. Is there another way to access it besides pressing power-eject buttons together? Any advise to recover from this? Thanks.

-Jason

hoser89

Noob Account
Dec 27, 2005
im a tottal noob.. any one give assistance?

ok, the chips installed.. ive got the bios program on my computer and then burned on to a disk.. i dont understand how to use the settings and everything.. please help.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
axelblood85 said:
when I flash it then try and start it the xbox gives me an erro
Right - go to the Doctors and tell him/her you aren't feeling well. Then go to a mechanics and say there's a problem with your car. Finally, tell your g/f there's something wrong with your relationship.

I'll give you a pound for each one who doesn't ask you any more questions without trying to resolve the problem.

If you need help with something, always think about what the next question will be so you can at least provide as much information first time round. Believe me, I get as frustrated as any of the people above would get if you only stated you had a problem without saying what.

Martin

crvthdave77

Noob Account
May 23, 2006
I think i just messed up my xbox.... i flashed my X3CE with [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]2913. but when i did it i had all of the banks off. and now my xbox does nothing but flash red and green when i turn it on. is there any way to fix this?
[/font]

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
crvthdave77 said:
I think i just messed up my xbox.... i flashed my X3CE with [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]2913. but when i did it i had all of the banks off. and now my xbox does nothing but flash red and green when i turn it on. is there any way to fix this?
[/font]
There's always a way! Boot from the backup BIOS, set the switches to correspond to the bank(s) you want to reflash and flash the chip.

Martin

parnelli_97

Jan 13, 2007
I really hate to add to this thread but mine is doing the same thing. I have tried using banks 1234, and 5678, I have tried the write protect switch both on and off just in case there was a problem with the switch. I even unplugged the switch and tried the write protect switch on the chip itself in both positions. I have tried the CD load, Hard drive load, and HTTP load for the bios, No matter what the configuration I get the same error "unknown flash! halting" I have tried all the old flashes for the 1.6 board, all the way back to 1957 and I'm having no luck. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

P.S. this is a 1.6 xbox, and this is not my first mod, just my first 1.6. I've modded quite a few others without any problem from this chip. I know banks 5678 have an older bios on it from my last xbox, it was a 1.5. So I knew I would have to re-flash the bios. I have booted the cromwell bios and then switch to banks 5678, and I have also left it on 1234 with the same error. Out of desperation I have also tried the M8 bios in all the configurations with the same result. Also note that the hard drive and CD loads did recognize the disc and attempt to load the bios but were halted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.