RGH X360 Corona V1 won't glitch

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Hello,

I have a Xbox 360 Corona V1 (Star Wars LE 320 GB) console with dashboard 13599, the CR3 Pro Ultimate Kit, Corona QSB V3, POST V2 and a JR-Programmer V2.

I installed the Pro, the QSB and the POST. I read the NAND twice, and both compared identical. I created ECC. I wrote ECC.

Then I booted the console to get the CPU Key, and it will not glitch.

My blue wire is connected to cpu_rst on POST. I tried both a 10 cm and a 12 cm blue wire. I tried both the short and long cable ribbon to connect the Pro and POST.

I started with DIPS 3 and 8 ON, and went through the DIP switch configurations suggested on the forums, from 1 to 6 (all keeping 8 ON because that is required for Corona). With each DIP switch change, I waited for at least 25 cycles, but it still wouldn't glitch.

Can anyone provide some insight as to why it's not glitching? It would be much appreciated!

Here are my setup images:

And a snapshot of J-Runner:

Thanks!

Last edited:

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks. yes, I purchased them all at the same time. You mean the CR3 Por-Rater under the "Advanced" tab on the J-runner? If so, I will try it now.

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks. Could you tell me how is my soldering on the Xbox 360? Are there any bad spots that need to be re-soldered?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
It *looks* ok from here.

I've only just noticed you have the J-R Programmer v2 in the first pic, so apologies.

Have you also followed the guide in the official CR3 PRO thread (DIP settings are very important)?

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks Martin. yes, I followed all the steps on the posts. I been watching so many videos of CR3 lite glitching on the youtube, that without thinking I clicked on "Flash CoolRunner" after J-runner got the nands and compared the two. Since it is per-programmed, I assumed it didn't cause any harm to the CR3 Pro(hopefully). But today I noticed that there is a new J-runner and it "Added Protection check whilst using JR Programmer (in case you stupidly try to write a XSVF to CR3Pro)". Did I screw up my CR3 Pro?

Thanks Jligg, I did see your post and I tried your suggestion with 10 & 12 cm wire and neither worked. I even tried 20cm wire out of desperation, but that didn't work neither.

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
Thanks Martin. yes, I followed all the steps on the posts. I been watching so many videos of CR3 lite glitching on the youtube, that without thinking I clicked on "Flash CoolRunner" after J-runner got the nands and compared the two. Since it is per-programmed, I assumed it didn't cause any harm to the CR3 Pro(hopefully). But today I noticed that there is a new J-runner and it "Added Protection check whilst using JR Programmer (in case you stupidly try to write a XSVF to CR3Pro)". Did I screw up my CR3 Pro?

Thanks Jligg, I did see your post and I tried your suggestion with 10 & 12 cm wire and neither worked. I even tried 20cm wire out of desperation, but that didn't work neither.
Then its your file writing or soldering because ive done a million coronas with those settings and all get a perfecto score. Pretty much instant glitch

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thank you Jligg. I have the pictures of my soldering, do any of the solder points look bad to you. I tried to make sure they the qsbs and the board were making contact through the solder. What do you mean by file writing. Do you mean the ecc file?
one other question, so when you install your systems, you just follow the same thing as you mentioned dip switches 3,4,8 100uf capacitor and 10cm blue wire to the cpu_rst pad on the post qsb. And in every system you get a glitch the first time you boot without any other adjustments?

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Jligg, do you think I screwed up the CR3 Pro by clicking on the "Flash Coolrunner" button in the J-Runner?

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio

Those are a the settings I start with on every corona and I always get 9.20 or above. Then I tweak the length of cap to get it right where I want it . All my Coronas glitch pretty much instantly. Every now and then it makes it to the second glitch .

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks Martin. Well I had all three set of connections from JR-Programmer connected to the Corona QSB (the white, blue and green plugs). I believe I also had the JR-Programmer connected to the CR3 Pro at the same time. Is there any way to know if the CR3 Pro is a gonner? I hate to purchase another one and then find out that was not the issue.

bluebanana

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks Jligg, do you mean that you vary the length of your capacitor legs(the length of the metal connections to the ceramic)?