X360USB PRO X360 USB pro HDD hacker can't disable password

poll1983

Jan 9, 2014
Kings Lynn, Norfolk, UK
Hi guys,

i want to convert a 160gb WD into a 120gb for use in my 360 but HDD hacker is coming up: Security disable password failed. I've searched the forums and seen posts about creating a boot cd to use a laptop/desktop to unlock but i haven't got one available. I use an all in one PC that's still under warranty so I can't remove the back cover.

any advice/prod in the right direction would be great.

its a WD160BEVT and I believe it was a virus that locked the drive

thanks

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Try and low level format the drive using HDDGURU's Low Level Format Tool or DBAN (Darik's Boot And Nuke).

If there is a password on the drive, you will need to remove it before you can do anything else.

Last edited:

poll1983

Jan 9, 2014
Kings Lynn, Norfolk, UK
Thanks for your prompt reply,

ive tried HDDGURU LLF to no success. Format error occurred at offset about a million times

Try and Low Level Format the drive using HDDGURU's Low Level Format Tool or DBAN (Darik's Boot And Nuke).

If there is a password on the drive, you will need to remove it before you can do anything else.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
ive tried HDDGURU LLF to no success. Format error occurred at offset about a million times
Boot Hiren's on your computer, launch Mini XP and run the Victoria HDD testing tool.

Alternatively, you can try HDDScan to check the disk for errors.

poll1983

Jan 9, 2014
Kings Lynn, Norfolk, UK
Ok have tried hirens boot cd but it won't detect the hard drive connected to USB pro so I've downloaded the Windows versions. Victoria isn't able to find the drive but HDDSCAN reports device model, serial, firmware and LBA size and can access the SMART error log. It just seems that it's locked out. I've told it to do an erase test, light on USB pro is flickering furiously but no sign on if it's just trying to erase or if it is actually doing it

edit: just finished and still has password lock.

Last edited:

poll1983

Jan 9, 2014
Kings Lynn, Norfolk, UK
Update: I spent all night researching and there's not much out there.

theres professional options like dfl wdii - this uses an interface similar to the USB pro to flash firmware and remove password but it's an expensive piece of kit

There's free options:

Zong Unlock and MHDD 4.5 are reported to work for WD drives but I can't use those methods unless they can be made to work with th USB pro mass storage controller due to not having an old computer. Old Intel motherboards don't have the bios security options present in newer boards which apparently makes it possible to interact with locked drives

There must be a way to issue factory commands to the drive through the use pro or use the drives serial interface

I'm going to carry on researching. Hoping Xecuter has come across this issue before and See's my post but not holding much hope as I can appreciate he's busy doing other cool stuff

gtaDOUG

Noob Account
Jun 20, 2017
Como eu baixo esse software?????????????? preciso muito dele me ajudem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!