X360 USB Pro v1 suddenly not working?

fightincowboy

Mar 15, 2011
So I think my USB Pro may have shorted out but I'm not entirely sure so I'm hoping that by explaining the situation maybe someone can help me to resolve the issue. Had been working with a liteon drive and I was able to pull the drive info fine. Afterwards I went and installed a Sputnik chip onto the PCB and went to plug the drive back in. I normally use a X360 USB Pro v1 and a CK3 Lite. The CK3 had been a little finicky and the power wasn't staying on so I kept messing with the molex connection to try and get it more solid.

Now for some reason though the USB Pro isn't working at all. When connected via the white usb cable it has no LEDs and showed up on the computer as just an "Unknown Device". I went ahead and uninstalled it and then re-installed the drivers manually but it's still being listed as unknown. Tried using the update tool for the USB Pro with the switch in both the ON and OFF position but in neither scenario is it being detected. There's also no LEDs lit up while it's plugged in via the regular USB.

When using the auxiliary USB I get 2 LEDs lit, the green at LD1 and the red at LD6. What's also a little odd is when I connect the auxiliary USB the "Unknown Device" vanishes from device manager and it's like there's no trace of the USB Pro on the computer at all.

As I mentioned I think it might have gotten shorted out from the CK3 Lite's connection but I'm hoping there's a way to save the ol' gal. If nothing else I've already ordered a new X360 USB Pro v2 but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get this one working again in the meantime. Thanks for any help that can be provided. :)

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Have you tried a new USB cable?

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G

Vinneh

VIP Member
Apr 21, 2011
Texas, USA
I don't think it was shorted by the CK3 Lite as there are no connections from the CK3 Lite to the USBPRO. The only connection of power would be from the USB or Aux. Have you tried resetting your computer and trying a different USB Port? Also give a different cable a try.

fightincowboy

Mar 15, 2011
Had tried a different USB cable and a diff port, now I'm experiencing the same issue with my USB Pro v2 so I'm making a new post...