X360USB PRO X360USB PRO Case Fitting Guide

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I've knocked this up quickly to help others fitting their X360USB PRO into their new case.

Ok - let's start with what you get:

Top part of case
Bottom part of case
Bootloader on/off switch
Reset switch

So let's look at the two smaller parts a little closer:

Note the reset button has a keyed tab (as arrowed above) - this will be apparent when you fit it into the case!

The bootloader on/off switch has a right-angled shoulder on it. When we fit it to the X360USB PRO, you'll see why it's important it's on the right way.

So, here's a pic of the on/off switch in place:

See the right-angled shoulder on the underside? Good :)

So, let's put the reset switch in the bottom part of the case...

You'll see a small square hole to the left of where the reset button goes - this is where the keyed tab part of the reset button sits (as arrowed). This is what it should look like.

So we have one button on the X360USB PRO and the other one in the case ( anyone else got 'House of the Rising Sun' in their head now? Yes? Good!).

So we put the X360USB PRO in the bottom of the case, like this:

You'll see the switches should look as above - if you have the on/off switch upside-down, now's the time to change it as once the top part of the case clips in place, it's a bugger to take off again without damaging it.

So, if you're with me so far, let's put the top part on. It's a simple case of aligning it to the bottom and clipping in place like so:

Any questions?

Last edited:

explorer66

VIP Member
May 10, 2009
newcastle uk
Re: X360 USB Pro Case Fitting Guide

thanx for this, lol i was trying to connect the reset switch to the board instead of fitting it in the case, thanx for clearing it up ;)

jhan1

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2011

Big thanks Martin C for this. I should be getting my case today or tomorrow.:D

djxxx

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2006
Planet Earth

Thanks for this...I was wondering how the reset button was getting attached...Just took case apart and put button in place...Should of looked here first...

nichademus_1

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2006
USA

Unsure where to put this, but I purchased the x360USB Pro without a case and couldn't wait. Works great with the case I made (I messed up the on/off switch in the process).
Made from a project case from radioshack. Dremel came in handy. Love the hardware... works great!:D

Eazy!

Mar 2, 2011

Hey mate thanks for the great guide I was just wandering.... I bought the USB Pro without the case and without thinking stuck on the underside pad that came with it to prevent shorts and protect the underside of the board. So my question is do I have to remove this sticky pad before placing it in my case... Its stuck down pretty good and I don't want to damage anything.
So is there a way of fitting it with the pad??

Thanks alot for any help and thanks for the great guide...

EDIT: Okay ignore this silly question please I took off the pad

Last edited:

Eazy!

Mar 2, 2011

Okay no worries I managed to take it off no probs :p thanks any way :D

Last edited:

Keezie

Aug 2, 2010
thank you so much for this. i was trying to do this myself since i received my case today and i was having tons of issues.

i too had the sticky pad on mine, but managed to get it off leaving minimal residue. doesn't really matter much considering it's not visible, but it's good to know

mackemsrule

Dec 9, 2002
UK
No wonder I couldn't figure it out they sent me two of the same pieces lol.just have to stick a screwdriver in for reset i suppose.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
No wonder I couldn't figure it out they sent me two of the same pieces lol.just have to stick a screwdriver in for reset i suppose.
Contact your reseller and let them know! They'll send the right one through.