DARKFiB3R

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2009
SE London
about.me
X360USB PRO Install Guide

1: Download the latest drivers from the downloads section

2: Extract the driver files from the .zip file

3: Make sure the switch on the X360USB is set to the OFF position (ON = bootloader mode, used for updating the X360USB) <<< MANY OF YOU ARE IGNORING THIS !!!!!

4: Connect the provided USB cable to the X360USB and your PC

- The extra AUX power cable is only to be used if your USB ports do not output 500mA
- In this case, you use both cables to power the X360USB
- 99% of computers operate at 500mA so it will be very rare to use this cable.

Some of the driver files will now install automatically. Once finished, the remaining driver has to be installed manually.

5: Open device manager, Right-Click on X360USB PIO, and choose Update Driver Software...

6: Browse your computer for the driver files you extracted in step 2

7: Click Next

8: Ignore the Windows security warning, and choose to install the driver software anyway

9: Double check in Device Manager, to see that the driver installed correctly.

Have fun :)

Last edited:

Isara

Mar 9, 2011
Ok when I plug mine up nothing even installs for me to manually install the driver it doesnt even show up in my device manager how can i fix this?

Isara

Mar 9, 2011
Yup its off i just plug it in and wait my laptop to detect it and nothing detects at all so i just wait and still nothing happens i already downloaded the driver but since my computer doesnt detect it i cant install the driver so i dont know what to do.

xbox360mod

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ontario,Canada
when you plug it in, does it make any sound? go into device manger, it wont show up as x360 usb pro right away, its under "LibUSB-Win32 Devices"

Isara

Mar 9, 2011
no it doesnt make any noise and there is no libusb in the device manager.

Isara

Mar 9, 2011
i sure hope not i dont want to find find out that i wasted 60 bucks for nothing but the led lights and everything come on so i dont know i just cant get me computer to detect it.

Isara

Mar 9, 2011
I have I'v tryed two of my usb ports so far and still nothing, It couldn't be a faulty 360pro could it? I did order this from modtraders and i also ordered a laser lens and put it in another xbox i have and the laser doesnt even come on iv already sent them an email about that and about the 360pro so i dont know what to expect here.