DRIVERS x360USB pro unknown device?

troubletall

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
I've been trying for days on two computers to install the drivers for this v2 version box, I've read instillation instructions for the drivers but all I get in the device manager is unknown device, I've tried every configuration possible on the x360pro box (bootloader (update mode) everything, please help me? Windows 7 64 bit os

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
I've been trying for days on two computers to install the drivers for this v2 version box, I've read instillation instructions for the drivers but all I get in the device manager is unknown device, I've tried every configuration possible on the x360pro box (bootloader (update mode) everything, please help me? Windows 7 64 bit os
have you tried actually reflashing the proper updated firmware file to the usbpro2 while its in bootloader mode? if not try that and try flipping the bootloader switch to normal (off ) position WHILE its writing the firmware.

Last edited:

troubletall

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
Thanks for your suggestion but as I've already mentioned I've tried every configuration possible including checking the update program while the x360usb was connected in both on & off update state, it just says no device connected & still nothing in device manager, all the lights are working on the x360usb & what I find baffling is that the usb power light on the board is showing as on & the portio light on it showing solid too which I would have thought would mean it's connected through the usb port with the driver but it's not, when I initially connected it it took me a few attempts & I was able to delete the ck3i driver from system32 driver location in windows as suggested in one guide on here, but now it doesn't even come up as that even after several uninstall attempts of the 'unknown device'

troubletall

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
I've even tried it with just the usb 5v cable attached & also with the 12v mains power brick attached but neither make a difference, not sure if I need both power sources but it doesn't seem to matter, one thing I did wonder about is the usb cable I have for it is quite long & I didn't know if that might make a difference to data transfer it's a couple of metres long & I was thinking of maybe getting a shorter one to try just in case there's any data degradation but I can't see that to be honest, I'm a noob at this x360usb but I'm experienced with pc hardware & flashing these drives using the home made probe & VIA method so not a complete novice which is why I'm so puzzled with this driver

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Can anyone help me on this god forsaken forum??? Seems like the moderators just ignore anyone needing support!
it is not solely the mods job to help with issues. we help where we can. its a user help based forum. keep in mind your dealing with a beast here that almost never gets used by anyone anymore and most of the long time users of this device have given up and dont even visit here anymore. the switch is what everyone is doing now. i dont mind helping but i am just very limited on time here.

Support Our Sponsors