ANSWERED X360USB PRO V2 - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Riku

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
It's been a looooong time since I was flashing drives. But now i want to get back into it. Purely because of the USB Pro 2's sexyness it made me need to buy it.

Basically i want to use it as a ripping drive. I don't have a Molex Power supply in my pc...well at least i didn't see when i was putting more RAM and a new HDD into it.

I want to be able to flash and rip games. Do i need additional hardware as well as the USB Pro 2 or am i good with that alone?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
The X360USB Pro V2 supports ripping and is used in conjunction with the new version of XBC and an XBOX 360 DVD-ROM drive.

It doesn't use ordinary MOLEX, it uses a 12v SATA MOLEX power socket instead :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark_Riku

Dark_Riku

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
The X360USB Pro V2 supports ripping and is used in conjunction with the new version of XBC and an XBOX 360 DVD-ROM drive.

It doesn't use ordinary MOLEX, it uses a 12v SATA MOLEX power socket instead :).
So i'm good to just buy the USB pro unit itself and don't need to purchase any extra hardware?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Yes, just purchase the V2 - it ships with a MOLEX to SATA cable I think so you should be good if your desktop PSU only has standard MOLEX connections.

Aside from that, you just need to supply your own XBOX 360 DVD-ROM and away you go (note that Lite-On DG-16D5S 1175 isn't compatible at this time of writing although support should be added in the future).

Reactions: Dark_Riku

Dark_Riku

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
Yes, just purchase the V2 - it ships with a MOLEX to SATA cable I think so you should be good if your desktop PSU only has standard MOLEX connections.

Aside from that, you just need to supply your own XBOX 360 DVD-ROM and away you go (note that Lite-On DG-16D5S 1175 isn't compatible at this time of writing although support should be added in the future).
Since i'll be going completely external...i'll need additional hardware anyway. So added the External Molex device to my basket.

£73.50...offt bit the bullet. Will be worth it in the long run lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.