ANSWERED x360usb v2 ck3i drivers will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
After hooking mine up the usb drivers get installed just fine but the ck3i drivers do not.

I deleted all the files that were shown in the pictures and then tried again and the same thing happens. So i delete all the drives again.

Afterwards i try to manually update the drives and point it to the correct folder and the x360usb pro v2 drivers install fine but for the ck3i ones i get this.

Also in device manager now it shows

Other devices COM9 with a yellow
exclamation point next to it.

* The # of the com port it shows changes with every install attempt.

This is on a windows 7 32 bit setup.
I installed the x360usb v2 fine on another desktop using XP and the ck3i drivers installed without any issues.

I found another user who had the same issue and it was fixed by moving the aux button that's between the sata and usb but ive tried that at least a dozen times and it doesn't change anything.

peteybaby

May 11, 2012
Dumb question, have you plugged in an external power source to the V2 and moved the switch between the external power and the USB towards the external power? Also, do you have the switch next to the reset button in the right position?

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Yes ive tried the molex power supply with it and ive turned the switches both ways and tried.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Tried it again real quick before work this morning and the cj3i drivers installed for some reason but not the x360usb ones. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in again and had the same issues again with the ck3i drivers

I'm thinking that the molex power supply I have is junk and it's not supplying enough power and that's the issue.

Gonna open the pc after work and see if there's a spare molex cable in there I can try.
If not looks like I'll be ordering a new molex power supply.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Tried it using internal power source from pc.

No dice still same issues.

Also tried on netbook with win 7 starter and had same issues as my desktop that has win 7

Works fine though on old dell with xp even uninstalled and reinstalled everything a few times.

Any ideas?

Also is jungleflasher supposed to see it as x360usb v2?

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
if it works on another PC then naturally its not faulty. Beyond what we have already told you to do I wouldn't know what else to tell you. It's obviousley a problem with your Windows setup.

JF detects it as X360USB PRO.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
there's nothing in the inf file from the drivers folder that came with the x360usb v2 drivers folder that could cause conflict during the install? or is that error that windows is showing not related to the inf file from the x360usb v2 folder.

Is there anyway to manually install the drivers? without going through device manager to update them?

Last edited:

Disk0

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Exeter UK
Is there anyway to manually install the drivers? without going through device manager to update them?
That is manually!

have you tried disabling drive enforcement when you boot into windows 7, like if you wanted portio for jf (should'nt really need to to install the drivers but worth a try)

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the info will try it out later tonight hopefully.

I have to get a new monitor first though since yesterday when I unhooked
Everything to open the pc and when I hooked everything back up the monitor just flickers now and I borrowed a monitor to see if that was the issue and it was.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Any other suggestions then if the driver enforcement thing isn't necessary ?

I'll give it a try anyway but from what UberGeek is saying its just going to be a waste of time.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
What i meant by manually was if i could just copy the drives that i downloaded into the appropriate folders in windows.

icebrg5

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2011
Well you can close this topic i got it sorted out now and its working fine :)

How i got it to work.

I copied the serenum.sys file from my XP computer that it the x360usb v2 installed fine on and put it in my Win 7 computer in the drivers folder and it installed instantly once i hooked the x360usb v2 back up.

Disk0

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Exeter UK
Good to hear you got it working fella

Status
Not open for further replies.