X360USBPro Malfunctions outside of Bootloader Mode

SGCSam

Oct 3, 2015
Hey everyone,

As you most likely saw in the last post in this section of the forum, I've been having great difficulties in getting the X360USBPro to function correctly.

The short version is if I put the X360USBPro into Bootloader mode, it identifies in Windows as a LibUSB-32 device as expected with no issue whatsoever. Obviously, however, this isn't much use in practice as that's only used to update the firmware (on which topic, if anyone has the firmware tool and the firmware itself and could post a working link that'd be great). When I have the switch to OFF to actually use the X360USBPro, Windows 10 doesn't recognise the device and proceeds to notify me that the device has malfunctioned, telling me that the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" in Device Manager.

Sadly, with this particular error, Windows 10 automatically assigns its default USB driver to the X360USBPro and makes it impossible for me to update to the actual drivers the device requires. Disabling the device only causes the same issue when I reconnect it, and whenever I try to update them, Windows tells me that the best drivers are already installed - I just can't win apparently.

Thankfully, Oggy did note that in the X360USBPro's drivers, there's a hardware ID mismatch between the .inf file for the driver (8334) and Windows (the Hardware ID section in Events shows 8336), so that may be of some use to anyone able to help me out.

Essentially if anyone else has seen or knows of this type of behaviour occurring before as well as any possible solutions, I'd really appreciate your response. It seems we'll have to either update the firmware and see if that will accomplish anything, see if we can correct the Hardware ID mismatch or prevent Windows from auto-assigning its default USB driver so I can attempt to install the correct X360USBPro ones.

Thanks!

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I have had zero time playing catch up at work after the wedding.

I will help, but I'll msg you when I've sustained time free.

Reactions: SGCSam

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
I'll tell you one thing. Win10 and these tools can be a pain in the ass. They seem to get in the way of eachother. An easy solution is to download vmware and install a virtual machine of windows 7. Solves all the issues

SGCSam

Oct 3, 2015
I've only got a Win XP VM currently, but I'm not sure how much easier or indeed harder it would be than using a Win 7 VM.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Gay marriage is a boatload of paperwork :)
Is it?

Just as well I'm not an arse tickling faggot like you then, I guess?

SGCSam

Oct 3, 2015
I'm actually going to be gone for a decent period of time AFTER next weekend and would want to try to get this sorted. Is anyone else available or knowledgeable on what's going on here?

SGCSam

Oct 3, 2015
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Turns out it was the firmware. After a bit of hunting around, I managed to find a website with a working link to the firmware update tool. Went ahead and updated the firmware and BAM! Showed correctly as X360USB PIO in Device Manager, installed the drivers and now it pops up properly in JungleFlasher.