X3IR Frequently Asked Questions Doc

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
This is a draft document I've been meaning to write up for a long time. It is not quite finished but I would like to get some feedback, add more questions and fix up errors, typos, etc and then maybe sticky this.

X3IR_FAQ.pdf

Whoops, updated link.

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
Re: X3ir Faq

Nice work! I'll see if I can whip up a more complete set of instructions for mixing the X3IR with an internal MS DVD dongle that could then be included in your PDF. The linked thread is good but it isn't a step-by-step install.

Sticky!

-Whoopin'

ferre0001

Noob Account
Jan 8, 2004
I read through the FAQ and the link to more help is useful. However, I can not find a tutorial on the programmer itself. I can change the codes on power on and off, but not the other commands like play, ff, rewind, etc. The FAQ hinted at the x3ir is able to be reprogrammed, but is the programming limited to power on and off and timing? Thanks in advance.

Poida^

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2005
Australia
Re: X3ir Faq

The original documents about programming and features are in the link on the first page....

I guess a new question to be added is what u just mentioned...
The X3IR is NOT a dongle replacement. Read the features and specs.
No mention of other commands, just ON and OFF.

X3IR Feature Set
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
  1. - Turn ON and OFF the XBOX with the XBOX DVD remote control, and any RCA DVD compatible remote.
  2. - Enable/Disable Modchip upon boot.
  3. - User programmable buttons for all functions, such as which button turns on the Xbox or turns it off
  4. - Safety Off(tm) makes sure you press the 'OFF' button 3 times before turning off the Xbox to prevent unintended Xbox shutdown
  5. - Blue status led
  6. - Compatible with any Modchip
  7. - Perfect-Press(tm) - The length of emulated press of front panel 'Power' button can be finely tuned to suit any modchips needs (i.e. long press is 100msec - mod on, short press is 10msec - mod off)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]

tmbomber

Noob Account
Hi Everybody,

Just picked up a v1.6b Xbox off of ebay. Also picked up an X3 mod chip with the control panel and X3IR mod.

I have the hardware mods installed, up, and running just fine. I also have XBMC running.

This is being used as a MythTV front end, so I have the Python script installed and running, too.

Everything is working just fine..... almost.

For some reason the X3IR is programmed so that hitting the enter or the display button turns the Xbox on with the mod chip disabled.

I've been trying to install the X3IR software on my PCs.

I've tried "X3IR_Manager_V1.2.3.exe" and I get "Component 'MSCOMM32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid"

I've also tried version 1.1.10 with no luck.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to rectify this???