X3IR

Wooodyii2

Noob Account
Jun 27, 2014
Hello everyone.
I just bought an X3IR chip off of ebay. I was shocked to see one after all these years. I remember when ALL this xbox modding started and it was glorious. But now having the X3Ir I cant find any install info or software. I did search and when I think I found something, either the link is dead, website no longer exists of pictures can not be found. I have a xbox v 1.6 and xecuter 3 chip with 500 gig hd. I actually have to go find my baby now. It's been tucked away for quite a few years. Any help you guys have would be awesome. Thanks a lot. Its almost like reliving the ol glory days. LOL:crazy::crazy:

AmyGrrl

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I actually just tackled this today and got my X3IR working. Well it always worked. I could turn it on/off with remote and disable the X3 as it came already programmed. I could never get the USB Programmer to work with the device. Always gave me an error. Today I fixed the issue. Had a heck of a time finding the X3IR Manager v1.2.3, Driver, PDF Documents. But I got them all and after lots of troubleshooting I made it work. After 10+ years since I bought the X3IR it functions properly.. lol

Since the driver only works on a 32-Bit Windows OS and I was using Windows 10 64-Bit. I installed VMware 12.5.2 and installed Windows XP Pro SP3 32-Bit. Then enabled the option to allow the OS to access USB Device. Was able to get the driver installed and
working. However the X3IR Manager would always give me an error about not being able to acquire the firmware version. Finally opened my XBOX and disconnected the power cable going to the X3IR. Then the X3IR Manager was able to see the device right away. Then I reconnected the power cable and put my XBOX back together. Now for some reason I can access the device every time. Maybe I had a loose connection with the cable before.

I will include a download for the program, drivers and install PDFs. Then wrote up a quick readme on the steps I took to get it all working.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4qhcj5u6fe4b5a8/X3IR+Manager+v1.2.3.rar

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooodyii2

Wooodyii2

Noob Account
Jun 27, 2014
I actually just tackled this today and got my X3IR working. Well it always worked. I could turn it on/off with remote and disable the X3 as it came already programmed. I could never get the USB Programmer to work with the device. Always gave me an error. Today I fixed the issue. Had a heck of a time finding the X3IR Manager v1.2.3, Driver, PDF Documents. But I got them all and after lots of troubleshooting I made it work. After 10+ years since I bought the X3IR it functions properly.. lol

Since the driver only works on a 32-Bit Windows OS and I was using Windows 10 64-Bit. I installed VMware 12.5.2 and installed Windows XP Pro SP3 32-Bit. Then enabled the option to allow the OS to access USB Device. Was able to get the driver installed and
working. However the X3IR Manager would always give me an error about not being able to acquire the firmware version. Finally opened my XBOX and disconnected the power cable going to the X3IR. Then the X3IR Manager was able to see the device right away. Then I reconnected the power cable and put my XBOX back together. Now for some reason I can access the device every time. Maybe I had a loose connection with the cable before.

I will include a download for the program, drivers and install PDFs. Then wrote up a quick readme on the steps I took to get it all working.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4qhcj5u6fe4b5a8/X3IR+Manager+v1.2.3.rar

Thank you very much.....I finally got back here, I get side tracked easily....look squirrel...lol:wink: