Xapt3r v1.6 install

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
here are some very easy to follow instructions posted by a fellow member

if you cant follow these - give up - seriousley ;)

simply clip each wire into the corresponding hole - there is a different colored led for each connection - when its lit - its working

if any of your holes are filled with resin - simply clean it up with a fibre glass brush or an exacto knife - totally simple

elle

Oct 25, 2005
Xecuter said:

simply clip each wire into the corresponding hole - there is a different colored led for each connection - when its lit - its working

if any of your holes are filled with resin - simply clean it up with a fibre glass brush or an exacto knife - totally simple

well i am having problem with one hole (r7d4). the wire (E) cant fit on the hole
what are the 3 bottom picture is there any info

HarshReality

VIP Member
Nov 23, 2004
Indiana, US
The 3 bottom photos are of the eject/power module hookup for the chip (to enable the chip to be disabled).

As for the hole problem you mentioned, I had a few that were covered over with solder, easily remidied by GENTLY pressing a straightpin or needle through and making a place for the pin.

sundancekid

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2005
I was wondering the same thing. Is the LPC rebuild required for a solderless Xapt3r?

Another thing that has basically got me stopped in my tracks is not being able to select any of the flash options in the bios screen. When the chip boots up, the flash menu appears but I can't move the highlighter or select any options.

It is as if the D-Pad is frozen. I tested the controler on the M$ bios and it works ok so I know its not the controller. I also tried using the M$ controller that shipped with the xbox, a 3rd party controller (Hip Gear) didn't work either. Next I tried using the dvd remote and dongle without any sucess.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Sundance Kid

newguy112

Jul 20, 2004
Xecuter said:

do u still have to solder the d0, lan and hd led wires?

erzak

Noob Account
Dec 29, 2005
problem with connectivity

I got my Xapt3r installed and everything works, as long as I don't put my Xbox back together. Once the DVD drive is in, the external switch light is always red. I have played around with how the chip is sitting on the adaptor and it's quite sensitive. Not sure if the chip/board is moving one of the spring wires or what? Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
Thanks.

Rana

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2003
Bavaria
check each light .. to sovle the problem

erzak said:
I got my Xapt3r installed and everything works, as long as I don't put my Xbox back together. Once the DVD drive is in, the external switch light is always red. I have played around with how the chip is sitting on the adaptor and it's quite sensitive. Not sure if the chip/board is moving one of the spring wires or what? Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
Thanks.
Make sure the read extenal 5V connector dosn't get loose.
Maybe your DVD/HHD Cable is opening up this connection !

When you put it together .. can you check the status of the lights of your
x3 .. and the adapter itself ... thats the easiest way to figure out what
connection is missing ...

HojuTodd

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2003
The god damn screw that came with the Xapt3r barely even goes beyond the Xapt3r piece and there is no way it will screw into the motherboard. Gimme a break. Anyone else have this problem because this is just ridiculous.

dsjebbsaeb

Jan 11, 2006
HojuTodd said:
The god damn screw that came with the Xapt3r barely even goes beyond the Xapt3r piece and there is no way it will screw into the motherboard. Gimme a break. Anyone else have this problem because this is just ridiculous.
Eh Stupid the top part of the screw comes off and the adap3er rests in the middle. to top (flat head) is a little screw that screws into the stem! loosen it up then try!!:D ;)

tissot

Noob Account
Jan 21, 2006
i have a 1.6, week 45, year 4, factory 05 (china). ordered the xapt3r v1.6 adapter with a xecuter3ce from divineo (sp?)

the holes were definately waaaaay to small for the spring wires (there are some on the board that they fit into just fine
(the bank that's like this:
o
o
o
o
o
o)

so going off of the advice i took a small sewing needle and pushed into the holes gently. i got them just big enough so the spring wires fit in and stay but do not go all the way through.

without the HD or DVD i boot it up, get all the correct lights on the xapt3r, the switch on the front is blue and the bios screen comes up on my tv (giving the error about the hd/dvd not being there).

so i unplug it, put the dvd and hd in and boot it back up..... FRAG

i have now torn the thing all the way back apart 3 times pulled the xapt3r off each time and re-seated the spring pins (without the xecuter on there all the xapt3r lights are good) and it FRAGs everytime (with or without the DVD/HD installed)

any ideas? do the spring pins have to go all they way through? i've read two or 3 posts elsewhere of people complaining that the trace holes are to small, only to get instantly berated by people saything that all the holes are the same size (they must not be). is there any other info i can provide to help diagnose this?

tia

tissot

Noob Account
Jan 21, 2006
ok, it seems that the set screw (that screws the xapt3r down) has a very short top stem, so it's only catching on about 1 thread, when i put everything together it gets just free enough that it doesnt make contact with everything.

i took my screwdriver and bent apart the top of the slot in the base piece and it seems to be catching fine now.

so i got it up and running flashed (switches: on on off off) the bios to 3294, it finished and turned itself off. i hit the power button to turn it back on all the lights come on like they should including the blue X on the front of the dipswitch panel, but it immediately turns off, turns back on, turns off again, then on, waits for a second and then FRAGs. did i destroy the thing? when i switch the dip switches to off on off off it turns on and the color ring around the eject button goes red and stays that way. is there anyway to recover from this?

Last edited:

tissot

Noob Account
Jan 21, 2006
DJBOOBY said:
i don,t know but this is popping up a lot with the xapter seen tree post in the last week
tissot solder the chip in or get modchip installer to do it for you
didnt see your post before i hit reply. --yea thats what i was thinking, that id be running out to buy a soldering iron tomorrow morning. got it working now, but i think i messed something up (see above). thanks a ton for the reply though

tissot

Noob Account
Jan 21, 2006
awwwwww crap

i just saw your post in another thread:

did you use the right bios
x3 3294 for v1.0 to v1.5 xbox
x3 3294 v16 plus for v1.6 and v1.6b xboxs

i used the wrong @#$$##$ bios.... man am i an idiot...... and then i was just going to post "jeeze, ya think they'd throw that info in a txt file with the bios"...... and <wait for it> yep, there it is. man am i an idiot.

i was never going to boot the microsoft shell again so i didnt bother installing the power/eject adapter..... guess i'll be doing that now.....

you hold down both of the buttons to boot the backup right?

<goes and hides in the n00b corner.....>

tissot

Noob Account
Jan 21, 2006
yea, it's the 1.6. i got the power/eject adapter installed and x3 correctly flashed and now its working fine.

had to reboot durning a ftp session already -- seems like it just kind of hung, but no big deal.

backing up the old drive, dropping an 80 in there and going to give slayers a try. i dont have any cd-rw's here so im going to try a cd-r. have a hitachi/lg dvd-rom in there....we'll see if that works.

is having a 7200 rpm drive that big of a deal? i heard it can cause heat problems. i have an 80 WD 7200 and an 80 Maxtor 5400, but the maxtors old and with all the screwing around ive done already i want this to last (and not have the HD die in a week).

thanks for your help!

Last edited:

turbonegro2

Noob Account
Jan 24, 2006
dont even bother using the screw that came with the adapter, i used the original screw that came with and it worked alot better