Xapt3r v1.6 install

saqib

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2005
i have now installed the x3 bios can i install the dash via ftp or do i have to install it by cdrw or dvd. ps thanks for all your help

xisslebizissle

Noob Account
Dec 25, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I am having the same problem with my xapter screw not reaching the top half of the screw. I tried using the motherboard screw afterwards and the hole is now too big because of the xapter screw. Therefore I must find a way to keep the xapter springs held firmly against the motherboard.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether "hot glue" will damage the surface of the motherboard?

I want to try glueing the xapter down because I am running out of options.

T Ghost

Apr 26, 2005
I installed teh Xapt3r v1.6 on my xbox 1.6b and I got 5 leds up: Red, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue.

Is that correct and ok?

I'm asking cause I can't make the modchip (Xecuter 2.6CE) to work. All I got is FRAG. I tried the X2_5035_V16plus_512.bin and the EVOX M8 PLUS v1.6 to no sucess. also tried the "flashbios_v303.bin" on all 4 banks to no sucess.

I'm programming the chip with a x2.6 programmer.

What Am I doing wrong?

aRt9898

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2006
Wow lot's of questions. Here is my question. I have the Xapt3r 1.6 (xbox v1.6) in and it lights up now the 5V adapter how does it latch on? Does it need to be soldered? It seems that there is not a tutorial out there that demonstrates the transition from start to finish using the Xapt3r and xecuter 3ce modchip. I need to refer to 2 different tutorial guides where in one there is a lot of references to soldering pieces and the other does not complete the process in full. I think that is why there are so many questions about the process to begin with. Anyway is there any soldering involved and what items are needed to finish?

aRt9898

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2006
Thank you DJBOOBY. Now that this phase is completed the guides provided do not show how to add on the xecuter 3CE chip to the xapt3r in order to finalize the process. Is there any information available on how to attach the xecuter 3CE chip after the xapt3r is in place?

rolandca

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2006
I installed an Xapt3r 1.6 & X3CE in my v1.6 xbox (well, i see Xcalibur chip and samsung RAM - mfg date is july, 30 2005 - china fab) - The leds on the Xapt3r are all ok. Also the leds on the X3CE (green/red flash protection) are ok and the bank selector goes on (but always red!) - When i try to power on the xbox power cycles 3 times and then flashes green/red - no matter if i set different banks or use power/eject in any combination.

At present i have no idea what else to check or where the problem could be.
Any idea?

rolandca

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2006
Thank you for your suggest but ...

Wow - i am in a real trouble now!

When i placed the Xapt3r in its place, there was no way to have it firmly inserted (when i made the check for the leds, i had to put my finger to have if correctly down - just 1 millimeter, but, you know, it was enough to have no contacts at all) - To fix this problem i put a drop of glue on the side opposite to the screw and it seems all ok
But now, if i have to remove the glue, i think it will be a pain!
(it is Loctite Attak - a cyanacrilate - so i have to find a product that can remove Attak but not the solder mask!)

rolandca

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2006
Fixed!
The problem was on the pin 13 (the micro spring-contact was blocked!)
All is working now - I have X3 bios - Avalaunch and XBMC in a new 250GB HD
Thank you DJBOOBY

aRt9898

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2006
I came across a recap list of things that should be connected can someone review the list below and let me know if any of it applies to the solderless install (v1.6b, X3CE & Xapt3r):

- D0/HDD/LAN connector
- Power/Eject adapter
- X3 External switch (optional)
- Alt. 5V connector

The reason I'm asking is that I get the same issue as rolandca reported "the bank selector goes on (but always red!) - When I try to power on the xbox power cycles 3 times and then flashes green/red - no matter if I set different banks or use power/eject in any combination."

Tapeworm

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2007
Hi,

I cant get the adapter to sit properly with either of the screws. If i hold it with my finger its fine. Im not doing the full solder job, the rebuild is rubbish and ive always had to do it with wires but I dont have the spares to do it this time (had to use them in another xbox because some idiot stood on the one that came with that box and the adaptor is the only thing spare).

If I solder the adaptor in instead of screw it would that be valid and work fine? Im guessing so just want to make sure first of all!