Xbox 360 Hacked Xbox Backwards Compatibility v5832

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
About:

This is the Xbox Classic emulator for the Xbox 360 which allows for original Xbox games to be played on the Xbox 360.

As this backwards compatibility update is hacked, it allows for more Xbox Classic games to be played on the Xbox 360 than are officially supported. Some of the games not officially supported play almost perfectly, however some have various issues.

Credits:

Original 2007 version of this hack: xorloser
Updated 2018 version of this hack: mathieulh

:: Overview

This is a devkit version of the retail xbox360 backwards compatibility that
was released April 2018.

This build fixes the compatibility issue that occurs with Xbox Live connectivity disabled titles titles on retail consoles.
This issue did not occur on XDK units.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Reactions: mission156

Samuels

Noob Account
May 23, 2020
USA
As this backwards compatibility update is hacked, it allows for more Xbox Classic games to be played on the Xbox 360 than are officially supported. Some of the games not officially supported play almost perfectly, however some have various issues.

TheBooouch

Noob Account
Jun 26, 2020
USA
Hello, thanks for all the hard work you put into get most of the original XBOX games running on a 360. Anybody have any luck with The Warriors? It locks up after the intro, before the first menu. Wondering if anyone else has problems or just me.

NoSoul81

Nov 14, 2018
Hello, thanks for all the hard work you put into get most of the original XBOX games running on a 360. Anybody have any luck with The Warriors? It locks up after the intro, before the first menu. Wondering if anyone else has problems or just me.

Yeah about half of the games still don't work even with this and this will probably be the last update ever so there's nothing anybody can do. It's not like a PC emulator where you can choose this setting or this setting if the game doesn't work it just doesn't work. Your options are

-Get an original Xbox
-Get a PS2
-Get a PS3 (it works as a PS2 game on PS3)
-Play PS2 ISO on PCSX2 for PC (of course you need a PC powerful enough)

That's it.

professor_jonny

VIP Member
It's not like a PC emulator where you can choose this setting or this setting if the game doesn't work it just doesn't work.
You are not totally correct the emulator files contain title ID for sub sets of games and pick specific profiles to emulate a game changing the title ID of a game can effect the emulation and can offer better results for specific games.

But generally it i not on the list it ain't compatible and will have issues even the listed ones have issues.

NoSoul81

Nov 14, 2018
You are not totally correct the emulator files contain title ID for sub sets of games and pick specific profiles to emulate a game changing the title ID of a game can effect the emulation and can offer better results for specific games.

But generally it i not on the list it ain't compatible and will have issues even the listed ones have issues.

Until someone can verify they've been able to get a lot of games to work with that method I don't even consider it. it never worked for any of the games I wanted it to, I've only seen one game work this way and it was published by Microsoft (MechAssault). I'm sure there's more than 1, but the average user is not exactly into hex editing even if it did work well.