JTAG Xbox 360 JTAG Spontaneous 3 RRoD

El Nub

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
Hello, I'm clearly new here, but I needed help with a JTAG I purchased. I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I saw some similar topics related in this category, so moderators, do move if there is a more appropriate location. I recently purchased a JTAGed Xbox 360 on Craigslist. It was incredibly cheap, so I figured I would go for it. He said it he was just playing it one day, and then it spontaneously got the 3RRoD. I asked him if he had Freeboot and Xell and etc. installed previously, and he said he did and that it worked perfectly until it broke out of no where. I am generally pretty good at fixing consoles with 0022 or 0020 RRoD, so I asked him if any previous repair attempts had been made, and he said no. I am pretty sure he bought this from a guy who JTAGed it, and that he was clueless on the inter workings. When I took it home and plugged it in, it displayed three RRoD with no fan. I took it apart, and it had the X-Clamp fix done, which usually doesn't hurt it. It is a Xenon motherboard with an updated GPU heat sync. The JTAG wires seemed to be all correct, and the ones used to connect the Xbox 360 to an FTP port had been torn out. I have seen other threads stating this is an 0002 (power supply) error, and it is caused on JTAGs by having QSB's switched off (which I don't think this Xbox has QSBs?), or by doing some dumps wrong, or some other stuff, but the difference I see between my dilemma and the other threads was that these people made their error during the JTAGing process, assuming this guy was keeping his word, the JTAG worked fine until it spontaneously broke. So some people suggested in other threads to check the soldering, so I did and there was one wire that was loose, and it pulled out easily. I re-soldered that wire to the board and everything seems okay. I need help on what to do. I have no tool to connect the Xbox to the computer. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Solders: J2D2(4) -> J2D2(7).
J2D2(1) -(with resistor)> J1F1(3)
J2D2(2) -(with resistor)> J1F1(2)

El Nub

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure the secondary code is 0031? After pushing the sync and eject buttons 4 times, the sequence is: 4 flashing lights, 4 flashing lights, 3 (top left, top right, bottom right) flashing lights, 1 (top left) flashing light. Here's some pics:

El Nub

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
Could this be caused by the ohm resistors not restricting or too highly restricting the electrical current?

El Nub

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
It could be the bridge on C2E4 there is a resistor under that glob of solder. Its a tiny little thing. First ask the guy if it messed up when he ran his dashlaunch.
I don't think talking to the guy would do me any good, he didn't seem to be educated in the topic, because he stated he purchased it from another guy. Here's another picture, that glob is uplifted, and not touching anything except the resistor and the wire.

El Nub

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
Nah there's no visible damage, and no Xell doesn't show. I think I'm giving up, thanks for the help everyone. : )

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
Nah there's no visible damage, and no Xell doesn't show. I think I'm giving up, thanks for the help everyone. : )
Don't give up, You'll get it straightened out, Consider buying a NandX pro and redoing the soldering, And try dumping the nand again and run it through Cool Shrimps Jtag tool and seeing what dash it has on it, After you have 4 successful dumps compared in jtagtool with no matching blocks write xell and get your cpu key then rewrite an original donor nand with your KV.bin (cpu key and dvd key) injected into it and see if it boots

Last edited: