LITEON 74850 xbox 360 keeps opening tray

gonkar

Sep 2, 2011
Hello

I have a problem with my xbox 360, it is keeping open tray even when I closed it gets back to open same as this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mahCdvJY0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mahCdvJY0[/ame]

I connected the dvd drive to another xbox 360 and work's fine.
I updated my xbox 360 dashbord and still the same problem

so what is the soluation ???please help

it is Lite on 74850 flashed with LT+2.0

synxx

VIP Member
i think its your sata cable that connects the DVD drive to the motherboard. when you tried it in the other xbox did you use the connecting wires out of that or out of the problem xbox? try the sata cable out of the xbox that didn't have a problem in the one that did.

gonkar

Sep 2, 2011
i think its your sata cable that connects the DVD drive to the motherboard. when you tried it in the other xbox did you use the connecting wires out of that or out of the problem xbox? try the sata cable out of the xbox that didn't have a problem in the one that did.
Thank you for your kind reply, yes I changed the Sata Cable and power Cable, and still get the same problem.

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Have you looked at the eject switch on your motherboard??

Lorax

VIP Member
Sep 25, 2011
West Wales, UK
Try taking the drive apart repositioning/pushing the laser carefully back to it's original point (next where the disc spins) and then close it back up and try again.

Last edited:

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
He did say that he tried the drive in another Xbox and it was fine ...did you test the eject button with a multimeter

keil423

VIP Member
is the drive flashed at all? I had the same problem on another drive and I binned it for some time. Pulled it out awhile back and reflashed it to another xbox and now she works fine. Turned out to be a bad flash from when i was first getting started.

synxx

VIP Member
He did say that he tried the drive in another Xbox and it was fine ...did you test the eject button with a multimeter
but has he tried another drive in the xbox that has the problem?
seems the drive isnt the problem if it works fine in another console so to say 100% its a problem with the console you need to try another drive in it first.

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
but has he tried another drive in the xbox that has the problem?
seems the drive isnt the problem if it works fine in another console so to say 100% its a problem with the console you need to try another drive in it first.
The eject button is on the console??

InfamousJoe

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I had the same problem with a dvd drive in a used xbox I received. I used jungleflasher to put the drive in vendor mode and then did an outro/ata reset. The drive has worked fine since then. Maybe even re-flashing for your drive is a good idea.

gonkar

Sep 2, 2011
I have tested the eject button in Xbox 360 and was fine, and also I tried another DVD Drive and It did the same act, so I think maybe because when flashed the dvd drive I up side down the xbox power cable and connected to xbox mobo and dvd drive , so maybe that will cause the problem ??? and something happened in the mobo then.

synxx

VIP Member
The eject button is on the console??
sorry pal i didnt mean to come across as having a go at you, it was just more of a observation of what he hasnt already tried and tested.

I have tested the eject button in Xbox 360 and was fine, and also I tried another DVD Drive and It did the same act, so I think maybe because when flashed the dvd drive I up side down the xbox power cable and connected to xbox mobo and dvd drive , so maybe that will cause the problem ??? and something happened in the mobo then.
you cant put the power cable in upside down so please explain what you mean?

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
sorry pal i didnt mean to come across as having a go at you, it was just more of a observation of what he hasnt already tried and tested.
it's all good buddy no worries ..I know we are all just trying to help where ever we can and give ideas as to help trouble shooting ..and thanks for the reply

gonkar

Sep 2, 2011
the xbox 360 was needed update because it was giving update error , and I dump the DVD Key from it with using xbox 360 as source of power with cK3 probe , so maybe this is the porblem and something happen in mobo so the drive always ejecting and the memmory was gone, the system tells no storage device found.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

you cant put the power cable in upside down so please explain what you mean?

I mean the port of cable that in the drive I put in the mobo and the other in the DVD drive