Xbox 360 Not booting after Dashboard Update (Trinity RGH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTAG-Aurora

Noob Account
May 8, 2020
Kings' Canyon
Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well.
Few days ago I brought an Xbox 360 Slim Trinity and tried to update its dashboard to the latest 17559 version. I used another forum's guide to this as I was a fair noob at this. Used Simple NANDFlasher to get the dump, used Xebuild to build the image and performed the flash and everything went like a charm.

However, as I booted the console back up again, the Xbox logo came out, pulsating as usual, "User has connected" was shown and then everything froze in that very same Xbox Logo screen, it then went all black and then showed me the same logo screen but all torn up and the console shows a soft red ring.

I tried doing the process again, however now S-NANDFlasher tells me that there's no dump found and then goes to show me a Black screen of Death, the "Xbox critical error, contact customer service..."
So I searched and searched, tried the methods about plugins, turns out I had no plugins on to begin with but it still doesn't work, doesn't matter if I boot it and press eject after or if I boot it using a USB with a blank launch.ini file.

The console does boot up using Dashlaunch and Xellous-Reloaded though.

Then I found a guide with NANDFlasher360 and how you should flash an RGH console with Xell. Followed it, everything worked well as I even got a new dump for it. (although I should point out that at some point during the flash, Xell did show me something about blocks and the (AKA it's really bad)) but still, it didn't work.
Then I tried connecting to the Xell Web GUI to obtain the "rawflash" and flash the console with it. Didn't work either.
I tried to flash through Xell with the original dump, didn't work.
I tried to flash to a previous dashboard version(17554) didn't work, although just like the 17559 version, the Dashlaunch did show me the dashboard was updated as should be, but the console doesn't boot up.

Additional details that might be of use: I tried different HDMI Cables and TV monitors and taking out the HDD, nothing helped.
I found out that if I boot the Xbox normally a RROD appears and nothing works but if I boot it using NANDFlasher360's Default.xex on a USB, the console freezes but without RROD and I can show up the Xbox Guide Menu by pressing the Xbox Button on the controller, but pressing "Home" triggers a BSOD/RROD.

Now I'm totally out of options. Anyone could help with this please?

Thanks in advance.

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
can you still boot into xell?
if so use jrunner to creat ur new freeboot img.
and follow this

JTAG-Aurora

Noob Account
May 8, 2020
Kings' Canyon
Yes I can. As in flash it but using Jrunner to make the flash? Already did, didn't work.
I cannot install the Avatar/Kinect update as the console doesn't go past the Xbox Logo (I tried rn just in case, didn't work. Same bug).

Status
Not open for further replies.