XBOX 360 Parental Code Reset Guide

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
If you pay an XBL subscription, I believe Microsoft will give you the correct reset code if you phone them up, but if they can not give you the code for some reason, all is not lost.

You can dump the console's NAND and look at the reset code which is stored in the SMC Config.

NOTE

The SMC Config is not encrypted, so you do not need the console's CPU key.

Load your console's NAND image in to the source box, click on "Tools" and then click on "SMC Config Editor".

As you can see in this image, your console's reset code is found in the SMC Config block in the NAND image.

To reset the code on your console, go to "System Info" and then press the following buttons followed by your console's four-button combination:
Code:
[B]LEFT TRIGGER, RIGHT TRIGGER, X, Y, LEFT BUMPER, RIGHT BUMPER[/B]
If you press the above buttons in the correct order, a menu should pop up on your console asking you if you want to reset the settings - select "Yes".

To reset my console, I would do:
Code:
[B]LEFT TRIGGER, RIGHT TRIGGER, X, Y, LEFT BUMPER, RIGHT BUMPER, [/B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][U]X, A, UP, DOWN[/U][/B][/COLOR]

TIP

You can clear the parental lock on a JTAG/RGH console by building a modified image using the "NOMOBILE" option.

To enable this option with J-Runner, click the "XB Settings" tab, click "Advanced XeBuild Options", tick "nomobile" and click "OK".

Credits and thanks go to stefanou and the reset of the J-Runner dev team for implementing the SMC Config Editor!

Last edited:

nightmare0

BANNED
Jun 13, 2013
Thank you. You saved me time so I didn't have to open case and reflash nand ��
I will just add, when you are resseting and there are marks like U -up D-down, you need to use cross pad, left analog stick doesn't work.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
First time I had to do this. Had a little trouble at first but I was just entering the combination to slow. Thanks :)

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
First time I had to do this. Had a little trouble at first but I was just entering the combination to slow. Thanks :)
as said above,nomobile option works for things like this,and the contract locked boxes :)

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
Can anybody confirm that the smc is not encrypted on the new Winchester motherboard also?

I'm assuming its not, but I wont tell anybody it is until I know or get confirmation.

decerent

Sep 22, 2017
I spent 45 mins on xbox live call, just for it not to work, an then to realise that it was this easy