GENERAL xbox 360 phat no power after reflow

csy007

Jun 5, 2013
mansfield,uk
hi all

1st thanks for all advise on products , martin c :)
2nd i have been given a xbox 360 phat
its a falcon motherboard
unknown dash at the moment due to it having no power
heres the story ,

given to me to see whats wrong and to see if i can fix it ,
unit has no power at all
previous repiar from what i have been told is that it has been reflowed on the hana chip for e74 error
i have tested the power supply and is good and working
i have tested for standby voltages on top two mosfets near hana chip both are reading ok
unit still has no power
cant see any shorts or loose chippings on motherboard
nothing has been soldered to motherboard unless they are machine soldered , in other words damn bloody good lol
any help or advise will be thanked

jweb6102

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2014
wigan uk
you said it has previously had a repair attempt buy reflow, reflowed with what? because if a heatgun/paintstripper or even an atten 858 is useless also what bottom heater was used if at all?

csy007

Jun 5, 2013
mansfield,uk
from what i have been told there are professional reflowers they gentleman paid 60 quid to fix e74
worked for 1 day then no power
would the unit still power on if the mosfets near front gpu/cpu have gone and should there be any voltages

jweb6102

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2014
wigan uk
wow 60 quid to reflow? i would want it reballed for that price but anyway back to your question, if your ok with a multimeter then check all the power lines first, also note you cannot test mosfets while they are on the board you need to remove them, some people on kids forums say otherwise but i have not seen any proof of testing while on the board as of yet unless another mod on here may know more., perhaps get in touch with martin c he is very knowledgeable in this field.

jweb6102

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2014
wigan uk
if you get stuck pm me and i will send you some m/soft motherboard plans they are in pdf and too large to email so could give you the direction to them.

Reactions: csy007

csy007

Jun 5, 2013
mansfield,uk
thanks mate , just having a closer inspection on motherboard , hana chip has little flux residue nothing major
gpu and cpu not touched still have there clear plastic around them , underside again looks clean no debris ,
just wondering if they fried the hana chip

jweb6102

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2014
wigan uk
if the hana was fried chances are it would still power up with instant rrod and no power to fans with either 0002 or 0003 but like i said martin c is probably the best to ask, on a good note though the hana is quite easy to replace altogether.

jweb6102

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2014
wigan uk
just had a thought, you mention professionals doing the reflow! i must point out to you that for e74 a pro would normally reflow both gpu and hana as a matter of making sure its sorted, but that clearly has not been done by pro's as the resin would of been removed around the gpu so if its still there then pro's they certainly are not mate.

csy007

Jun 5, 2013
mansfield,uk
haha i thought that too , i dont do reflows or reballs , i sent them a message to ask who did this and where they are , so for future ref not to send anything there