BENQ Xbox 360 Phat Zephyr wont turn on.

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
Hello everybody, yesterday I disassembled my Phat Xbox 360, connected the BenQ VAD6038 to the X360USB Pro V2, connected all the other cables to the USB Pro and then connected it to the Computer. I performed the Jungleflash operation with this as a resulting log:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JungleFlasher 0.1.96 Beta (323)

Session Started Sat Nov 02 20:04:54 2013

This is a Wow 64 process running on 4 x 64 bit CPUs

X360USB PRO detected, Version 0.20

New CD/DVD detected.

Found drive C: - Hard Drive.

Found drive D: - CD/DVD.

Found drive E: - Removable.

Found drive F: - Removable.

Found drive G: - Removable.

Found drive H: - Removable.

Found drive I: - CD/DVD.

Found drive J: - Removable.

No Hitachi drives were found!

portio64.sys Driver not Installed

Found 1 I/O Ports.

Found 1 Com Ports.

Found 8 windows drives C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J:

Found 2 CD/DVD drives D: I:

Drive is Benq..

Drive is Benq..

Sending Magic Keys to Drive on port 0x0000

Done!

Sending Vendor Intro

Requesting Device ID

Manufacturer ID: 0xC2

Device ID: 0x11

Flash Name: MXIC(MX25L2005)

Flash Size: 262144 bytes

Getting Status from port 0x0000

Serial flash found with Status 0x73

Reading Bank 0: ................

Reading Bank 1: ................

Reading Bank 2: ................

Reading Bank 3: ................

Dumped in 8602mS

Benq Dump file saved to BENQ-OFW.bin

Loading firmware from buffer

Inquiry string found

Identify string found

Drive key @

Firmware Osig: [PBDS VAD6038 0442]

Firmware is: Stock

Key added to database

Loading MTK_Flash source file

Loading firmware file C:\Users\MP\Downloads\JungleFlasher.0.1.96.Beta(323)\JungleFlasher v0.1.96 Beta (323)\firmware\LTPlus-0442-v3.0.bin

MD5 hash: 8784e0f4ce27941a2a3293c8a5ac85e4

Genuine LT plus v3.0

Inquiry string found

Identify string found

Drive key @

Firmware is: LT-Plus 3.0

Serial flash found with Status 0x73

Dumped in 8577mS

Benq Dump file saved to BENQ-OFW.bin

Loading firmware from buffer

Inquiry string found

Identify string found

Drive key @

Firmware is: Stock

Key database updated

Auto-Loading firmware file C:\Users\MP\Downloads\JungleFlasher.0.1.96.Beta(323)\JungleFlasher v0.1.96 Beta (323)\firmware\LTPlus-0442-v3.0.bin

MD5 hash: 8784e0f4ce27941a2a3293c8a5ac85e4

Genuine LT plus v3.0

Inquiry string found

Identify string found

Drive key @

Firmware is: LT-Plus 3.0

Spoofing Target

DVD Key copied to target

Target is LT - ID strings not copied to Target

Serial data already matches

Loading MTK_Flash source file

SPi flash found with Status 0x73

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0x0000

Erasing:

Writing target buffer to flash

Writing Bank 0: ................

Writing Bank 1: ................

Writing Bank 2: ................

Writing Bank 3: ................

Flash Verification Test !

Write verified OK !

Sending Vendor Outro to port 0x0000

Drive is Benq..
After that I put everything back together but now my Xbox wont power on. It doesn't turn on at all. The Xbox was NEVER connected while I was performing the JungleFlash so I highly doubt that my motherboard is fried. I don't know if maybe some error in the DVD drive caused by the JungleFlasher could prevent my Xbox from turning on. Any suggestions ? Please help.

Thank you very much for your responses in advance.

Last edited:

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
Hello guys, thanks for the fast response. I checked the pins of the Usb ports and everything is fine. I did notice that one of the pins of the motherboard DVD connector is missing. Could this be the problem? or is it supposed to have only 11 of 12 pins ?

* I just compared the same part to other images online and they are also missing the 12th pin so I guess its okay.

Last edited:

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
No, I did not do absolutely anything else to the console. I just disconnected the DVD drive, plug it in to the X360USB Pro V2, flash it, and put it back. I honestly didn't touch the rest of the console. If you like I can post some picture of the board if they are helpful to solve this.

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
Hello guys, thanks for the fast response. I checked the pins of the Usb ports and everything is fine. I did notice that one of the pins of the motherboard DVD connector is missing. Could this be the problem? or is it supposed to have only 11 of 12 pins ?

* I just compared the same part to other images online and they are also missing the 12th pin so I guess its okay.
The number of pins is correct
alloy without the dvd drive and see if no error occurs

Last edited:

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
The light on the power brick remains amber all the time.

I was wondering, what components of the Xbox, related to the power of it, can be physically damaged when disassembling the console ?

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
Try smelling the board (no jokes - you will know if something has burnt) - if not, you have physically damaged the board and will at the very least need to post pics. Failing that you will need to send it to a pro and there are a number of them on this site

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
Ok, so I disconnected the DVD drive and tried to power it on without it and it still didn't do anything. I tried turning it on by pressing the eject and the power button but it didn't work.

I will post some pictures of the motherboard shortly.

IMG_37662.jpgIMG_37712.jpgIMG_37722.jpgIMG_37732.jpgIMG_37742.jpgIMG_37752.jpgIMG_37762.jpgIMG_37772.jpgIMG_37782.jpgIMG_37792.jpgIMG_37802.jpgIMG_37822.jpgIMG_37842.jpgIMG_37872.jpgIMG_37892.jpgIMG_37922.jpg

Last edited:

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
analyzed all photos
I see no problem physically
has no way to accurately if we do not have access to the necessary tests
so I'll say two things may have happened
may have affected the south bridge
1° reversed the connector dvd to connect it to board
2° static energy

may have burned the RF panel with static energy also
if you have another test it

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
Yeah Martin C it would be a good test
measure the 12v line would also be good

Last edited:

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
Hello everybody. Today I was able to get my hands on another PSU. I connected it to my Xbox and still nothing. The PSU light remains amber. The next thing I am going to try is to test a different RF Module with my Xbox. I was going to do it today but I don't have a Torx 8 screwdriver so hopefully I will get one soon and I will perform the test. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
Hello everybody. Today I was able to get my hands on another PSU. I connected it to my Xbox and still nothing. The PSU light remains amber. The next thing I am going to try is to test a different RF Module with my Xbox. I was going to do it today but I don't have a Torx 8 screwdriver so hopefully I will get one soon and I will perform the test. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.
np
hope you can solve :D

mp_jr

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2013
Well, something very weird happened today. I was about to open the second Xbox that I got to switch the RF module and test it on my console. So I plugged it the second PSU to the second Xbox to test it was working properly, and yes everything was fine. Then for no special reason, I plugged the second PSU to my Xbox console and the Xbox turned on !!! At the time, the DVD drive was disconnected from the Xbox and the power button light kept on flashing green, the PSU light was green. I wasn't able to turn it of my pressing the button so I unplugged the PSU. I then connected the DVD drive to the Xbox, connected the PSU again but this time the Xbox didn't turn on. I disconnected again the DVD drive to see if it turned on again, but it didn't. Any ideas what could it be ?