Xbox 360 Slim freeze.

k1ngdom

Sep 16, 2010
Hello, i have bought new xbox 360 slim 2 days ago. its get freeze randomly and after restart i get RED dot light and blank screen..

any idea how to fix it?

Jun 4, 2010
Yes. Take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a replacement. I heard about this new Slims over heating protection but to get this on a 2 days old only console is something I wouldn't have expected and takes the biscuit considering all the drama MS had with the RROD on their old 360's design.

sherlock

Troll Eating Dogs
for gods sake you would have thought microsoft would have solved this problem by now, when will we ever get a reliable xbox....?

Napoleonesco

Sep 9, 2010
My slim is about a month old and I've experienced some freezing as well, but luckily never the red dot of death. After the freeze I hand checked the console and It was pretty hot so I'm guessing that's the cause of the freeze.

k1ngdom

Sep 16, 2010
well is there any way to fix it? coz i am from Bangladesh... i had to ordered it.

EliteGeek91

Sep 18, 2010
Buffalo, Texas
www.facebook.com
Agreed. Mine froze twice since I've had it (1 month), and both times were after I finished one game, then went to the Live menu, put CoD: Modern Warfare 2 in, then pressed play, and it would freeze at the loading screen. But once I restarted it, it ran great. But like you said, mine was really hot around the exhaust fans on the side.

k1ngdom

Sep 16, 2010
well i dont know why mine get really really hot in no time... i think that is the reason of freezing.

tony1160

VIP Member
Aug 7, 2004
uk
a mates was doing the same, and it was the Hdd ,seems it was not in properly.