LITEON 74850 xbox drive is stuck in vendor mode i think

sajon

Dec 7, 2011
PLEASE! I need some help my xbox 360 middle light keeps blinking green and its nothing to do with the magnets or anything or the drive connection because i have replaced the sata and power cables twice to no result and also the dvd drive keeps ejecting i also put my friends dvd drive it eject that to please help

thank you

here what happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M5mahCdvJY0

Last edited:
PLEASE! I need some help my xbox 360 middle light keeps blinking green and its nothing to do with the magnets or anything or the drive connection because i have replaced the sata and power cables twice to no result and also the dvd drive keeps ejecting i also put my friends dvd drive it eject that to please help

thank you

here what happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M5mahCdvJY0
Does it still do it if there's a game inside?

sajon

Dec 7, 2011
yeah even if a game is inside also i tryed my friend dvd drive in my xbox same thing happen and that not even flashed with my dvd key

hersheys247

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Detroit area, MI, USA
If it's not in vendor mode, and then looks like u shorted the tray status, you can check this with a multimeter on the pins and seeing read out between closed and open. If it is the later, then a replacement pcb will do yhe trick.

Worst case scenario is the short in the motherboard and connecting two points on the motherboard might do the trick.

Try the tray status first then report back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sajon

Dec 7, 2011
i dont have a solder iron anyother i can connect it? also in the pic where about it that pin?

Last edited:

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
If you're a noob at soldering please don't attempt this fix as you will probably end up making it worse than it already is. I can almost guarantee that the suggested fix will work as I have had a console with these symptoms, u only have 1 shot at it. If u tried flashing your drive and powering it with the Xbox, this is what could happen, I know coz I've done it in my noob days