LITEON 74850 Xbox live update, drive spoofing, live ban avoiding!

GeeGee00

Noob Account
Oct 24, 2010
Hey guys.

I have read these forums so many times and the advice you give is great! I have read around the topic so I am pretty certain I know the answer, but its more just to check I am correct.

Okay, it's kind of long winded but I will do my best to keep it short. This is to do with my brothers xbox, so if I could avoid any cockups, that would be ideal. Here is the history roughly of the box.

It originally had a liteon 74850C inside it. It was flashed with LT+ 1.9 (Maybe 2.0).
It had a Samsung drive for a while as a replacement for the above LT drive which began to fail.
It currently has the orginal liteon 74850C inside it as my brother wanted to play Skyrim. Skyrim required an update which for whatever reason would not install until the original Liteon was returned into the console.

I assume this was down to spoofing issues? Now. Would I be correct in assuming this console has been flagged for a ban from live? It was an original skyrim disc used to update, but since tried to launch a backup with the Liteon drive and it's having none of it, potentially banning it from live again?
I put the Samsung back it, it would play backups but not Skyrim (original or back ups). Assuming due to XDG3.

I have yet to reflash the sammy due to long winded story, irrelevant.

Now as you can see, I'm sure in one way we may have flagged the console, but if I remove the harddrive or swap it for an old unneeded one, could I update via USB without it scrabbing the harddrive?

My main aim is to update it to the latest firmware, reflash the sammy with Lt 3.0 when available and if it gets banned from live, we don't care so long as it still works offline!

Thanks for reading, cheers for the input!

(Hope this is in the correct place!)

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
ok - there's a whole bunch of stickys which answer all these questions for you. I'll keep it short and sweet.

1. Spoofing is no longer supported.
2. Going to 13146 or higher reflashes your drive.
3. LT2.01 or higher is needed for XGD3 backups.
4. Use XVAL to see if you've been flagged.

GeeGee00

Noob Account
Oct 24, 2010
Hello Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I realise that

1. Spoofing is no longer supported.
2. Going to 13146 or higher reflashes your drive.
3. LT2.01 or higher is needed for XGD3 backups.
4. I can use XVAL to see if you've been flagged.

I have also read all information available, I just couldn't find a direct answer concerning a USB update to the latest dash, with a console potentially banned that has never since connected to live and HDD scrambling.

I guess I may as well just give it ago.

Cheers