XBOX ONE TEARDOWN!

elitescouter

Feb 9, 2011
Oregon
After a day of messing around with my Xbox One, I have managed to brick it :facepalm:

Replacement has been shipped, should have it by Tuesday.

Here is my dump that I got on the HDD with x360USB HD Tool.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tll3zro75r7lz6j/hddss.bin

I am sure someone would like to look at it without having to pop open their Xbox One.

Just a few things I noticed.

The Xbox One's HDD is a NTFS format.
Xbox One will not boot without a HDD, no boot screen or anything.
You can't put another HDD in without a proper SS, I duplicated mine onto a WD 500GB, stuck on green screen for 10+ minutes.

Reactions: Farid

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
The system hangs on the green XBOX ONE screen during day one patch (about two minutes) after the download, I have confirmed this myself and from about five others, I have a video showing it on my YouTube page. Some people think it's frozen and are either shutting the system down or pulling the power plug, which basically bricks it. I suppose depending on what it's doing in the background and what step it's at when the power is pulled it may or may not be able to recover from that.

That's why some are able to continue and some get E100? I don't know for fact, just my guess.

hakesterman

Noob Account
Feb 21, 2013
I think COpying blueray disc's is a waist of time. It would take at least 6 HRS. to write and verify a Bluray disk. Time would be better spent coming up with a solution that lets you take the game image and install it on your Hard drive as a digital download file.

daaryll

Noob Account
Nov 24, 2013
I think COpying blueray disc's is a waist of time. It would take at least 6 HRS. to write and verify a Bluray disk. Time would be better spent coming up with a solution that lets you take the game image and install it on your Hard drive as a digital download file.
I reckon it's worth it for waiting that long considering it's worth about £50 each.

[AD]

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Dec 8, 2002
Bolton, Lancs. UK
Burning 50gb Bluray doesnt take that long. You will be surprised.

David Watters

VIP Member
Dec 6, 2011
winter haven, FL
After a day of messing around with my Xbox One, I have managed to brick it :facepalm:

I am sure someone would like to look at it without having to pop open their Xbox One.

You can't put another HDD in without a proper SS, I duplicated mine onto a WD 500GB, stuck on green screen for 10+ minutes.

theres is nothing in that file when i opened it with a hex editor, so theres something else locking the hard drive it seems.

Last edited:

hersheys247

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Detroit area, MI, USA
When u find a way let us know, walk the talk rather than just talking.

Sent from my Brain Tumor causing device using Tapatalk 2

Orangeprofessor

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2013
The Third Dimension
I like what I see!!!

socalbill

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Valhalla
The system hangs on the green XBOX ONE screen during day one patch (about two minutes) after the download, I have confirmed this myself and from about five others, I have a video showing it on my YouTube page. Some people think it's frozen and are either shutting the system down or pulling the power plug, which basically bricks it. I suppose depending on what it's doing in the background and what step it's at when the power is pulled it may or may not be able to recover from that.

That's why some are able to continue and some get E100? I don't know for fact, just my guess.
Between this and the blu-rays malfunctioning, this has turned into a disaster for m$

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ft-wasnt-ready-for-the-xbox-one-disaster.aspx

gobbleston

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2009
Am I missing something? I haven't seen any mention of a warranty void sticker anywhere online. Only about voiding it if you replace the hard drive..

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Am I missing something? I haven't seen any mention of a warranty void sticker anywhere online. Only about voiding it if you replace the hard drive..
Look at the 4th picture of this teardown pictures.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

So if it's NTFS, what files were on there? Your PC should have mounted it.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
6 hours ?

Are you an idiot ?

Reactions: oO Elite Oo

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Big news! Xbox one NAND DUMP ready. Other team success read nand from xbox one.
http://www.konsolen-junkies.de/
View attachment 22889
View attachment 22890
View attachment 22891
This is not big news - access to the nand is pretty much the same as Corona - we did that in the first hours (although our setup is a little different to this one) - they cant do anything with it - just like you can't do anything with any nand that is fully encrypted.

Big news is what we will show you - we've done a LOT so far ;)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com

All I can tell you right now is this: Nope ;)