XBOX ONE TEARDOWN!

socalbill

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Valhalla
When a site publishes a story about thousands of US customers receiving DOA PS4 consoles as 'not an issue' and (from what I can deduce) a few hundred people having issues with the XB1 WORLDWIDE as a 'disaster', you tend to ignore the information.

Remember that not all sites are impartial.
I was thinking "PR Disaster" rather than literal disaster :)

BTW, re the HDD mentioned above, there are 5 NTFS partitions on it
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Hard-Drive-Leaves-391GB-Free-Games-60691.html

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
What are your thoughts on burning blu-rays? On http://www.konsolen-junkies.de/ they say burning blu-rays might not be an option due too blu-ray having a fairly good protection itself. They name the PS3 as an example, since it is still not able to play burned copies of games.
There is a difference between "burn" and "backup" as far as we are concerned.

You sound like a typical pirate wanting something for nothing.

If there is a way to reverse the firmware on this drive, it will be done.

Advance

Nov 25, 2013
There is a difference between "burn" and "backup" as far as we are concerned.

You sound like a typical pirate wanting something for nothing.

If there is a way to reverse the firmware on this drive, it will be done.
I tried to make that clear by saying ''copies of games''.
In the future i will call them backups then.

stmem

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2013
This is not big news - access to the nand is pretty much the same as Corona - we did that in the first hours (although our setup is a little different to this one) - they cant do anything with it - just like you can't do anything with any nand that is fully encrypted.

Big news is what we will show you - we've done a LOT so far ;)
Sounds awesome cant wait to hear it :D

Justm3

Noob Account
Jul 10, 2012
I think if you want to burn Games on Blueray it needs some more Firmware changes than lets say Xbox 360. I remember the beginnings where the "Drive Flash" was just a Patch where the Media Type was changed... Ages ago. C4Eva has build in most Features it has today. This was really Good and Hard work. There Must be really many People asking every Day "when is it ready?" :)

The nand dump was Easy like someone Said. We live in a World where everything has a "standard", like the mmc Interface on the nand. Even a pice of sh*t has a Standard size and the pipes on the toilett. I said its like corona V2 and not that its some Big thing. Same like corona Last Year...

I want to See some progress on xbox one. TX makes Good products thats clear and i like them. But: when you announced the cr3 it took over 1 Year until someone can buy it and thats really hard. I know you Need a Way to put your work to Money... Thats normal, but many things you use are from people like gligli... Without those talented peoples we are all nothing. So maybe you Show us some great stuff very soon.

Ps: i think the Solution is already Out there. I Must be some uefi + Secure Boot crapshit. Its an x86 and no Magic :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jligg and Farid

jamie321

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2010
N.wales
The system hangs on the green XBOX ONE screen during day one patch (about two minutes) after the download, I have confirmed this myself and from about five others, I have a video showing it on my YouTube page. Some people think it's frozen and are either shutting the system down or pulling the power plug, which basically bricks it. I suppose depending on what it's doing in the background and what step it's at when the power is pulled it may or may not be able to recover from that.

That's why some are able to continue and some get E100? I don't know for fact, just my guess.
Just agreeing with you hangs at just over 2 minutes after initial update, then boots fine & good drive in mine :)
only one issue forza had a game update of 5GB omg

superspeed

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2012
TX, USA
Just agreeing with you hangs at just over 2 minutes after initial update, then boots fine & good drive in mine :)
only one issue forza had a game update of 5GB omg
You sure you not thinking of a 5gig install instead of update?

EDIT: BTW for those interested in the controller.

[video=youtube;b0JZLd8MUcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0JZLd8MUcg[/video]

Last edited:

lyzanxia

Nov 27, 2010
They probably cover it up (if you would complain) by saying you get extra scenery and cars etc...whatever