XBOX360 flash needed, Southeastern PA

Zinpin

Noob Account
May 21, 2020
Pennsylvania
Was going to attempt this myself but got overwhelmed. But the case is open, drive is ready - I am just not knowledgeable enough in this area. I got a used 360 Slim for my kids (and me) but when I tried to play a backup copy of a game I learned it wasn't possible. A little research brought me here. We have plenty of backup games, just unable to use them.
DG-16D4S, January 2011, FW 0225. There is "05" on the chip (forgot what that indicates)
Thanks in advance!

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Was going to attempt this myself but got overwhelmed. But the case is open, drive is ready - I am just not knowledgeable enough in this area. I got a used 360 Slim for my kids (and me) but when I tried to play a backup copy of a game I learned it wasn't possible. A little research brought me here. We have plenty of backup games, just unable to use them.
DG-16D4S, January 2011, FW 0225. There is "05" on the chip (forgot what that indicates)
Thanks in advance!
why not use the original games?

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
If you're looking to play backups you will need to do the Kamakazi hack which implies drilling into one of the chips until you reach a certain point. This is by no means simple as even with the template it's possible to drill too deep. If after reading this you're still up for the challenge download jungle flasher and read the manual which provides step by step instructions on how to achieve this

Zinpin

Noob Account
May 21, 2020
Pennsylvania
why not use the original games?
Because I'd rather the backups get scratched up by my kids than the originals. I can also make another backup if that happens.
If you're looking to play backups you will need to do the Kamakazi hack which implies drilling into one of the chips until you reach a certain point. This is by no means simple as even with the template it's possible to drill too deep. If after reading this you're still up for the challenge download jungle flasher and read the manual which provides step by step instructions on how to achieve this
I'm up for the challenge but I had no idea that I'd need to drill into a chip!! I was hoping there were folks who provide that service for a fee. My thinking is that the money I could save over time by not having to buy a new copy of NFL Madden, for example, after my kids scratch up the first one is worth paying someone to enable the drive for playback of home burned backups.
Thank you!

Last edited:

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
Because I'd rather the backups get scratched up by my kids than the originals. I can also make another backup if that happens.

I'm up for the challenge but I had no idea that I'd need to drill into a chip!! I was hoping there were folks who provide that service for a fee. My thinking is that the money I could save over time by not having to buy a new copy of NFL Madden, for example, after my kids scratch up the first one is worth paying someone to enable the drive for playback of home burned backups.
Thank you!
If in usa I can do it for you

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
Honestly, if you aren't interested in Xbox live, the easier route is to rgh your console. Then you won't need any disc. You could also rip all your games directly from the disc drive to your hdd

Zinpin

Noob Account
May 21, 2020
Pennsylvania
Honestly, if you aren't interested in Xbox live, the easier route is to rgh your console. Then you won't need any disc. You could also rip all your games directly from the disc drive to your hdd
Thank you. I appreciate the tip and I will look into that now.
yeah, he could rip all his original :cautious: games to hdd.
What's up with Mr. Shifty up there? Did I miss something?

Zinpin

Noob Account
May 21, 2020
Pennsylvania

If in usa I can do it for you
Yes, I'm near Philly. Shall we move this to PM?
This did not sound easy to me at all after finding instructions. But that's not saying much. My poor soldering skills alone are no match for this job.

Last edited: