Xclamp Removal Tool - Video

L

LoneWolf913

Yeah this thing is great, pops clamps off in seconds, even the stubborn ones that people have over-torqued when they put them back on.

-DoC-

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2004
US
I bought the kit just for the xclamp tool. It works great.

Great video as always Johnny

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Yes this xclamp tool is superb, it is as easy as the video shows. Its great now that it makes life easy to service my own consoles as I do not mind changing the thermal paste more often now its easy to get the clamps on and off.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
don't mean to be a pooper but the other side of the xclamp removal tool wasn't the best when removing the bolts for the rrod extreme edition v3.1 bolt kept slipping under the xclamp tool grip and i didn't have pliers to hand until later.no biggie just wish they had made the opposite side of the xclamp removal better that's all.

edit:what i mean is i put the extreme kit v3 in wrong at first so had to start again hence needing to use xclamp tool oposite side.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Hmm, so you actually need a special tool to remove the x-clamps? I always used a small flatheaded screwdriver, and no problems so far. Have a whole bag of old x-clamps from rrod fixes so i know it works :) but good for noobs i belive.

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Hmm, so you actually need a special tool to remove the x-clamps? I always used a small flatheaded screwdriver, and no problems so far. Have a whole bag of old x-clamps from rrod fixes so i know it works :) but good for noobs i belive.
Anyone can get them off with a screwdriver but you try and out them back on again without bending them :crazy:

Support Our Sponsors