Xdrive help?

zewful

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2013
Ok so my xdriveplus came in the mail today along with a new dvd drive but, I am really noobie at this kinda stuff. Well when i hook my xdrive up it wont work. The green light on my xbox just blinks. (I think this might mean i have to update my firmware but i dont know how :confused:). Please someone help me out!

zewful

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2013
Yes but, when i do connect it to the power source it gives me a black screen and when i take it off i works just no drive. I am really confused...

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
Are you sure you put the power cable back in the correct way ? If I remember correctly if you put in in the wrong way you can fry your drive which would cause you to get a black screen and e e64 error . When you say it gives you a black scene is that all it does ? No red lights ,no error code .

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
You've shown no pictures and no detailed description of what you have done. It is absolutely possible to help you.

The detailed guide shows you exactly what to do and how to do it. This is a very easy piece of hardware to install but if you don't understand the process of flashing your drive - then we cant help you without you first trying to read the instructions and learn.