RGH XeBuild patches on retail NAND?

Abbotta4

Jan 31, 2011
Erie, PA
I am looking at using RGLoader on my DemoN NAND so I can use the game recording features of the XNA discussed here [link]. It looks like installation requires that files be copied to HDD, but I would assume that having these there while booted into the retail side would warrant a ban.

I was thinking of using the nohdd XeBuild patch on the retail NAND, so that the HDD never shows up when I am booted into the retail NAND, that way I won't boot into retail with it attached on accident. I then plan to use the internal MU for saves/profiles across the two NANDs and a USB drive and/or the HDD for RGH content.

Would applying the patch warrant a ban? My understanding of the patch is that it simply ensures that the SataDiskAuthenticateDevice procedure in the kernel always fails, but that would happen if an HDD was also just disconnected as well, right?

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
I was thinking of using the nohdd XeBuild patch on the retail NAND, so that the HDD never shows up when I am booted into the retail NAND, that way I won't boot into retail with it attached on accident. I then plan to use the internal MU for saves/profiles across the two NANDs and a USB drive and/or the HDD for RGH content.
I was lost at what to suggest until I noticed you had an internal MU. My following recommendation would ONLY work on a Slim Trinity console.

Assuming you do have a Trinity, you could always remove the internal memory unit and solder a female USB port in its place. Reason I suggest this is simple and for two reasons: 1) The device connected to this USB port shows up as "Internal Storage" 2) If the storage device is not an official memory unit, it simply will not show up when booted into retail NAND.

So if you boot into retail on accident, big deal. Retail NAND simply won't acknowledge the HDD. I think it would be a pretty smart solution so long as RGLoader doesn't get confused when both HDDs are connected.

Otherwise I suggest you mark your HDDs (so as to not confuse them) and install a front LED mod for your DemoN (so as to not boot the wrong NAND). The last guide with working images on how to do so can be found here:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/88817-DemoN-LED-mod