Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 - First Liteon No Solder Solution !

MOCAMBO

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2009
Pretty basic, cut traces, read with probe, patch traces with conductive glue. Should be the same traces cut for the LT switch.

Genix

Feb 3, 2010
Am i right in thinking if you do the 3 trace cuts you have to jump a wire from one side of the cut to the far side of the other cut like so?

Genix

Feb 3, 2010
Thats what they say alight, but if its probing pin 101 & 3v3 like the vampire, im pretty sure that trace needs to be jumped or do the V-cut.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
nonsolder means non solder.

its not the same as the vampire its better. just wait and see once its released im sure we'll all be happy with it as always.
Exactly! No solder.
You'll have to cut traces and then repair them with the conductive glue.
No solder. Simples. No solder.

Oh yeah, no solder.

Genix

Feb 3, 2010
Hmm if its probing the same holes, then it pretty much is. Technically its non solder if you do the V-cut.

But 1 way or the other pin 101 needs to be isolated, jus look at the MRA or BOXXDR method, MRA is pretty much the V-cut & BOXXDR has the jumper and the 2 cuts.

We will see when its actually in your hands.

Last edited:

MythicX

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2010
As it will be another ~2 months for the glue, does anyone have any suggestions of what to use other than solder in the mean time, and where to buy it?

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Hmm if its probing the same holes, then it pretty much is. Technically its non solder if you do the V-cut.
Not sure what you mean 'technically' no solder ?

Seriousley im not sure how many times we have to say what this product includes :)

THERE IS NO SOLDER PERIOD
. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TYPES OF CUTS - IT COMES WITH A SPECIAL CONDUCTIVE GOLUE THAT WE HAD COMISSIONED - YOU JUST REPAIR THE CUTS WITH THE GLUE.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall lol

also guys FYI we were going to send a bit of stock to some stores without the glue as mentioned previousley however we had discovered a new Liteon issue that used the Windobond IC's. We have fixed it by adding a different circuit that gives much improved performance. Thankfully we didn't rush this out as there have been some very good updates in the last couple of weeks.

all we know is that on page 1 of this thread xecuter says 3 small trace cuts the same as the lt switch. and we will see when its released. until then your guess is as good as mine.
Whats the secret ? :) - its the EXACT same cuts as on the LT Switch. I've already said this several times - its also kinda obvious :)

Thats what they say alight, but if its probing pin 101 & 3v3 like the vampire, im pretty sure that trace needs to be jumped or do the V-cut.
Yes as we have said before it's the cut around 101 - and it's still no solder. even if you required the jumper wire - its still no solder.

Repeat after me...NO SOLDER lol :)

Don't forget Probe 2 has Probe v1 function , Multi-R and a different circuit for better Winbon IC reading :)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Preorder ETA on first Shipment March 28 without the Glue ETA on Glue is 8 weeks
No. No. No. We have not authorised any pre order or shipping date with anyone. ever. This is probably the 5 th i've mentioned this in this thread alone.

There is no March 28th date - BUT we have arranged to send some stock to some suppliers around that date (we added a new circuit for Multi-R function and also better WinBond IC support so it will probably be by 6th April.

ThePimP2009

Apr 5, 2009
Wirral/Cheshire Uk
Dont know why you bother X...If they cant read or understand the first time they aint gonna get it the second or third....fook knows how they mod their boxes!!!!!!

paulucho

Mar 26, 2010
Mexico
ahm well if u havent authorised any pre order then u should talk with the guys of acidmods and modchip.ca 'cause they have pre order since frebuary and i bought a xecuter ck3 rev D + the pre order of the probe 2 and still waitin' to be in stock, hope u can send some probes to modchip.ca pls :), and 4 the next time ill buy in modtraders.co.uk i think this site is urs (xecuter), right? :)
Rgds.......

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
ahm well if u havent authorised any pre order then u should talk with the guys of acidmods and modchip.ca 'cause they have pre order since frebuary and i bought a xecuter ck3 rev D + the pre order of the probe 2 and still waitin' to be in stock, hope u can send some probes to modchip.ca pls :), and 4 the next time ill buy in modtraders.co.uk i think this site is urs (xecuter), right? :)
Rgds.......
It's up to those sites if they want to take pre-orders but it isn't any official move by us or any official date from us. No modtraders is not our site it is a reseller - we don't have any retail sites - way to busy with manufacturing to handle that stuff :)