Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 - First Liteon No Solder Solution !

boomwbb

Mar 12, 2010
United States
where do you get conductive glue? when looking for it what do you look for? ebay? someone point me to a link or pm me. thanks

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Acidmods.com SHOULD have them by then - I've had to rush the production schedule as we were waiting till the glue arrived. We currently have 12 new products in development so we are silly busy right now.

Nov 5, 2009
NY
i dont know y thier wanting this is exactly what they said Preorder ETA on first Shipment March 28 without the Glue ETA on Glue is 8 weeks read more at Team-Xecuter.com

Cytosol

Mar 19, 2010
I have a new X360 Arcade w/ a Liteon 93450 drive. I am preparing to order the parts I need to mod it. I have found many conflicting posts about what I need to accomplish this (or for some reason the pieces won't click in to my brain properly). Would someone mind just confirming what I need to order in order to complete the mod?

I know that I need to purchase the CK3 Pro 4.0 in order to connect the DVD drive to my computer to flash. However, I am confused on the Probe V2 and LT switch portion of it.

Do I just need to order the CK3 Pro and Probe V2, or do I need to order the CK3, Probe V2 AND LT Solder-on switch?

Thanks in advance.

mysterywhiteboy

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2010
Do I just need to order the CK3 Pro and Probe V2, or do I need to order the CK3, Probe V2 AND LT Solder-on switch?

Thanks in advance.
Get either the ck3 pro or lite + Probe V2 or Lt Solder switch. The ck3 is to connect the lite on drive to the computer, the probe/switch allows the extraction of the key. If you are not comfortable with soldering I would definitely recommend the Probe V2. I found it very difficult to get the solder to flow to the lite-on board, even with flux. I ended up ruining the lt switch. (fortunately the xbox still works fine) I have pretty much experience with soldering, have even soldered a bunch of the 0402 size resistors (close to rice size), but had trouble with this for some reason. Probably the fact that I didn't have a scratch pen, but the solder was acting like it was trying to flow to plastic (hence not flowing at all, except to the metal on the LT Switch). Even looking at the tutorial pictures I really don't see any real clean soldering jobs. It is just too hard to get a real good flow to the dvd board.

All that being said, I think the extra $10 for the probe is worth the piece of mind of not having to solder. Plus you can use it for more than one drive.

dcstewart_2009

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2009
N. Ireland
Get either the ck3 pro or lite + Probe V2 or Lt Solder switch. The ck3 is to connect the lite on drive to the computer, the probe/switch allows the extraction of the key. If you are not comfortable with soldering I would definitely recommend the Probe V2. I found it very difficult to get the solder to flow to the lite-on board, even with flux. I ended up ruining the lt switch. (fortunately the xbox still works fine) I have pretty much experience with soldering, have even soldered a bunch of the 0402 size resistors (close to rice size), but had trouble with this for some reason. Probably the fact that I didn't have a scratch pen, but the solder was acting like it was trying to flow to plastic (hence not flowing at all, except to the metal on the LT Switch). Even looking at the tutorial pictures I really don't see any real clean soldering jobs. It is just too hard to get a real good flow to the dvd board.

All that being said, I think the extra $10 for the probe is worth the piece of mind of not having to solder. Plus you can use it for more than one drive.
here here.

lol. saved me writing the exact same post (bar the bit about soldering experience).

go for the v2 - its my plan anyway.

boomwbb

Mar 12, 2010
United States
Anyone know a good video that shows an indepth look of how to cut traces on this drive and properly do them? I know you use an xacto knife to do them. I just want a solid tutorial with some good quality and what it looks like.

ryborg93

Noob Account
Mar 19, 2010
the cutting traces part is easy all you need to do is have a line matching the diagram to stop any flow on the traces. I messed up my solder job, that was the hardest part. If your solder doesnt take to a point just leave it, i soldered/desoldered and messed up a few points so hopefuly my xbox is not beyond repair.

MOCAMBO

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2009
So I dont know if this question has been asked before, but where would be the best place to pre-order this from? Who would get this in stock and ship the quickest? Modtraders I'm guessing?

boomwbb

Mar 12, 2010
United States
So I dont know if this question has been asked before, but where would be the best place to pre-order this from? Who would get this in stock and ship the quickest? Modtraders I'm guessing?
Acid mods offers a pre-order and there an official reseller. But I don't believe anyone was really officially supposed to offer a pre-order. But these probe 2's are on there way and are expected to be at resellers before march 28th.