Xecuter DemoN - Official Product Description / Specs

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
No - we have designed it so it works hand in hand with any current CoolRunner / JTAG QSB Installs (it says this in the product description)
I'm assuming that in order for it to work with the Jtag/SMC hack, the retail nand image will have to be built with J-Runner/RGH Multi Build so the eFuses stay intact.

lio_x

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2011
I'm assuming that in order for it to work with the Jtag/SMC hack, the retail nand image will have to be built with J-Runner/RGH Multi Build so the eFuses stay intact.
not necessarily
you can allways fix the LDV in the hacked nand by 1

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
not necessarily
you can allways fix the LDV in the hacked nand by 1
This has nothing to do with LDV values. They're completely ignored by the Jtag/SMC hack. Just because RGH and Jtag/SMC have the same result doesn't mean the hacks are the same.

supersymm3try

Feb 11, 2010
Newcastle Like!
Fantastic tit-bits of information there!

Cannot wait for full release!

Sorry if this is a complete noob-ish question, but the DemoN will contain a coolrunner-esq function to enable people who didnt buy the CR to RGH using just the DemoN correct? (and J-Runner of course)

I read through the features list but didnt seem to see any indication that this is true

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
Ubergeek has said many times already in multiple threads there'll be two versions - with and without a built-in Coolrunner. (It's kind of hard to miss his posts.)

matt2416

Jan 8, 2012
Ubergeek has said many times already in multiple threads there'll be two versions - with and without a built-in Coolrunner. (It's kind of hard to miss his posts.)
This is going to sound cheap, but I wonder how much cheaper the non-coolrunner version will be. :rolleyes2:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
has there been an estimated price point given yet?
if there had it would be in the original post

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

No. If it already has JTAG why would you even go any where near RGH ?

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

This has nothing to do with LDV values. They're completely ignored by the Jtag/SMC hack. Just because RGH and Jtag/SMC have the same result doesn't mean the hacks are the same.
Correct. So like I said if you already have the JTAG hack installed - why bother with RGH ? You'd build the NAND with J-Runner JTAG options - not RGH.

if you were using RGH - then you wouldn't be using any of the JTAG Methods.

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
You have to wonder with the CB changes by 14717+ if XBL will be able to detect incorrect CB on consoles running 14717+ and dual Nand. We will probably have to wait for the team to crack these new CBs before XBL is really safe with dual Nand.

IMO price will probably MSRP for $40-50 no CR and $60-70 with CR but I have no idea what it costs to make this stuff.

neophyte5001

Nov 5, 2011
Missouri
Oh man I just saw the news! I recently just got a falcon mobo with RGH preinstalled, since the reball on my xenon didn't pull it out of RROD. It only has wire install though, no QSB's. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys!

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
Correct. So like I said if you already have the JTAG hack installed - why bother with RGH ? You'd build the NAND with J-Runner JTAG options - not RGH.

if you were using RGH - then you wouldn't be using any of the JTAG Methods.
I understand that completely. (I've personally used just about every flavor of hacked-kernel building program currently available just to see their differences and test the FreeBOOT images they create.)

What I would like clarification on, is whether this is only for RGH as there have been posts referring to it being able to be used with a Jtag.

If people are using Jtag and RGH interchangeably to refer to the RESET GLITCH HACK in reference to the DemoN, then it's kind of muddying the waters about things.

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
Yeah, I did read ALL of it. That's why I made my original assumption (question). As far as I understand, the latest retail dash version a Jtag can run without blowing eFuses is 7371. If I'm wrong, then correct me.

So, all I want to know, is how will the DemoN be used with a Jtag/SMC console to run the latest retail nand so it can go online without blowing CPU eFuses?

You're not conversing with someone unfamiliar with all of this. (I was the first person anywhere to post screen shots of the 2-stage CB changes from the dash 14717 update and sent some of the first nand dumps to the team.)

EDIT: Just read it a third to make sure. I hope you don't think my question has anything to do with whether or not the DemoN will fit alongside current Jtag hardware cause it doesn't.

"Xecuter hasn't forgotten JTAG fans either, there are thousands upon thousands of users out there who run a perfectly functioning JTAG machine - many of them using the Xecuter JTAG QSB Install Kits that have become so popular over the last couple of years. Not only does the DemoN support all of the latest RGH devices such as the Xecuter CoolRunner - but we have also designed the DemoN to make sure that it doesn't affect any current JTAG installs - which is ideal for those who have the QSB kits installed and working perfectly - fitting the Demon does not require that they have to remove their functioning JTAG feature. The DemoN will also work with your currently installed RGH Device especially the TX CoolRunner and it's QSB install kits. Xecuter thinks of the customer experience first and foremost !"

This is telling me that installing the DemoN will not interfere with already installed Jtag hardware. (My question has nothing to do with hardware.)

"Supports Phat JTAG Installs (Inc All TX QSB JTAG Kits)"

This is also telling me that installing the DemoN will not interfere with already installed Jtag hardware. (My question has nothing to do with hardware.)

The purpose and intent of the DemoN is to run a retail kernel on the motherboard's nand, and a hacked kernel from the DemoN's nand and switch between the two at your leisure.

So, how do we run, for example's sake, a retail 14719 kernel for Live on a Jtag and a hacked kernel for unsigned code, and properly deal with the eFuse issue? Have I been mistaken all this time in believing that retail kernels above 7371 close the SMC exploit, or did you guys figure out how to run the latest retail kernel and still keep the SMC exploit working?

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
What I would like clarification on, is whether this is only for RGH as there have been posts referring to it being able to be used with a Jtag.
Read the above question again. Where does it say anything about Xbox Live ? All you are asking is, can the DemoN work with JTAG as well as RGH installs - and the answer is obviously yes as you very nicely confirmed in your second post......

Yeah, I did read ALL of it. That's why I made my original assumption (question). As far as I understand, the latest retail dash version a Jtag can run without blowing eFuses is 7371. If I'm wrong, then correct me.

So, all I want to know, is how will the DemoN be used with a Jtag/SMC console to run the latest retail nand so it can go online without blowing CPU eFuses?
^^^ But you didn't ask this question did you ? :facepalm:

You're not conversing with someone unfamiliar with all of this. (I was the first person anywhere to post screen shots of the 2-stage CB changes from the dash 14717 update and sent some of the first nand dumps to the team.)

EDIT: Just read it a third to make sure. I hope you don't think my question has anything to do with whether or not the DemoN will fit alongside current Jtag hardware cause it doesn't.
But this is EXACTLY what you asked in your original question lol :rolleyes2:

"Xecuter hasn't forgotten JTAG fans either, there are thousands upon thousands of users out there who run a perfectly functioning JTAG machine - many of them using the Xecuter JTAG QSB Install Kits that have become so popular over the last couple of years. Not only does the DemoN support all of the latest RGH devices such as the Xecuter CoolRunner - but we have also designed the DemoN to make sure that it doesn't affect any current JTAG installs - which is ideal for those who have the QSB kits installed and working perfectly - fitting the Demon does not require that they have to remove their functioning JTAG feature. The DemoN will also work with your currently installed RGH Device especially the TX CoolRunner and it's QSB install kits. Xecuter thinks of the customer experience first and foremost !"

This is telling me that installing the DemoN will not interfere with already installed Jtag hardware. (My question has nothing to do with hardware.)

"Supports Phat JTAG Installs (Inc All TX QSB JTAG Kits)"

This is also telling me that installing the DemoN will not interfere with already installed Jtag hardware. (My question has nothing to do with hardware.)

The purpose and intent of the DemoN is to run a retail kernel on the motherboard's nand, and a hacked kernel from the DemoN's nand and switch between the two at your leisure.

So, how do we run, for example's sake, a retail 14719 kernel for Live on a Jtag and a hacked kernel for unsigned code, and properly deal with the eFuse issue? Have I been mistaken all this time in believing that retail kernels above 7371 close the SMC exploit, or did you guys figure out how to run the latest retail kernel and still keep the SMC exploit working?
The second post that you elaborated on now asks if you can boot a JTAG console to Xbox Live using dual nand - where the answer is obviously no - that's never changed and we have not suggested that anywhere - in fact we've not even mentioned XBL in the product description - you brought that up (and in your second post not your original question)

If you want to go on Xbox Live with a dual nand then of course you would use the RGH method as SMC exploit is not required and you can get the same end results on all models of dash/kernel/bootloader regardless of which eFuses are blown.

DemoN works with both JTAG and RGH - it's up to you how which options you wish to use.Can I suggest next time - be clear on your questions and you nay get a better response.

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado
Just so there's no further argument, I'll completely agree with you.

Read the above question again. Where does it say anything about Xbox Live ? All you are asking is, can the DemoN work with JTAG as well as RGH installs - and the answer is obviously yes as you very nicely confirmed in your second post......
You're right. In my first post (an unintentionally disguised question) ...
... I was asking specifically about the installation hardware and not the software exploit.
^^^ But you didn't ask this question did you ? :facepalm:
I didn't. My bad.
But this is EXACTLY what you asked in your original question lol :rolleyes2:
It is as I can now clearly see that my first post was asking about hardware and not software.
The second post that you elaborated on now asks if you can boot a JTAG console to Xbox Live using dual nand - where the answer is obviously no - that's never changed and we have not suggested that anywhere - in fact we've not even mentioned XBL in the product description - you brought that up (and in your second post not your original question)

If you want to go on Xbox Live with a dual nand then of course you would use the RGH method as SMC exploit is not required and you can get the same end results on all models of dash/kernel/bootloader regardless of which eFuses are blown.

DemoN works with both JTAG and RGH - it's up to you how which options you wish to use.Can I suggest next time - be clear on your questions and you nay get a better response.
My bad. I'll make a better effort next time to improve my disgustingly imperfect initial posts.

At least I was able to drag out the exact answer I was looking for and it makes absolute sense. It's what I had pretty much concluded already. I just wanted to be absolutely sure my conclusions were correct.

Then the reality is, even though the DemoN can be installed and used on a Jtag, it's not as practical as installing it on a RGH console, since it still can't go on Live.