Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Make sure you also read the FAQ & Troubleshooting Guide before continuing

Recommended Tools:

Xecuter Unlock Kit v3
Xecuter DGX v1.0S or DGX v1.1s
J-Runner v0.2 (Build 284)

For QSB Install & COMMS Recovery (Scroll Down for pictures)
TX JRP/NANDX/CR - QSB Install Kit V3 (Trinity or Corona Version)
TX J-Runner USB Comms Cable

[video=youtube;YK-rEqE0HaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK-rEqE0HaA[/video]

Here are my own personal installs using the new QSB V3

I love these new version QSB's - can easily hook up a DGX, CoolRunner or CR3 Lite, a JR Programmr, a NAND-X and a COMMS cable

Trinity:

Corona:

Warning

Trinity motherboards are more temperamental than Corona motherboards when using the DGX and take a lot more "tweaking" when it comes to the CPU_RST & POST_OUT. For starters you should be using the USB COMMS Cable and J-Runner Monitor. Do not rely on your TV for Xell - it may not show some of the time - whereas with a COMMS cable it will show every time.

If you have issues then try this different setup:

POST_OUT - Use 50cm or 70cm length of wire
CPU_RST - Use the alternate FT4R2 point with a heavier AWG24 wire (like the supplied 5v and ground wires). Any length between 8cm and 12cm should work fine.
Add a 10pf CAP between the D pad and GND on the DGX.

If you haven't get your key(s) after 10 minutes or if you hear "ticking" sounds, do a hard reboot (unplug the power brick for 30 seconds) and then try again with tweaked wire lengths - keep doing so until you get the CPU Key - we recommend use use the USB COMMS Cable and J-Runner COMMS Monitoring for faster results.

Remember, you only need to use the DGX to dump your key(s) once - this isn't about speed or reliability, it's about dumping your console's CPU/DVD key!

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Re: Xecuter DGX v1.0S Wire Install Guide

Damn Playingmax,you sound like you want to lick xecuter's
A$$hole with the "I LOVE YOU GUY'S!!!" thing, lol jK :p.

Anyhow,that's some fine Hacktastic work Xecuter.

Not to mention that it's only 15 days until you retire from Team Xecuter.Damn,after all these years of reading your post of whats to come next...

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere

now,are you guys happy you have a damned guide,and still have no dgx,now stop ur whinning,lol,nice tx,thanks again,mine should be here tuesday

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU

Great to have this finally. I have to admit this awfully looks similar to like a dumbed-down version of a cr3 pro. even how it works is awfully similar to any other glitch device.

I see it boots a (possibly modified) version of xell. So then I can get the cpu key via ethernet, no need to connect the usb serial cable.

I really wonder how it works. To me it seems now mostly like a purely software based hack. Nice work anyway! Now I just need to sit out till I finally get my preordered device ;)

Last edited:

GoRo2010

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2012

Thanks!!

Quick questions..

Will the DGX only work with v3 of QSB?

Is there not a way that you can just connect the DGX to an installed CR as 99.9% of the connections is the same, just the 5v is different?

It says that it needs the DGX ECC, this will be done in J-Runner as I read that it supports the DGX now.

Thanks

XCONSOLES

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
USA

FYI I have added some DGX bundle offers to all VIP members

TX DGX Trinity Bundle #1: http://www.xconsoles.com/products/tx-dgx-trinity-bundle-1.html

TX DGX Corona Bundle #1: http://www.xconsoles.com/products/tx-dgx-corona-bundle-1.html

Remember to login to your account to view your special prices :)

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

Thanks!!

Quick questions..

Will the DGX only work with v3 of QSB?

Is there not a way that you can just connect the DGX to an installed CR as 99.9% of the connections is the same, just the 5v is different?

It says that it needs the DGX ECC, this will be done in J-Runner as I read that it supports the DGX now.

Thanks
The J-Runner USB COMMS Port is on V3 QSB's only - it's a new feature.

jery911

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2011
South Central Los Angeles

aha sweet, cant wait to try this out!

(off topic sorry, but what do you guys use to get high quality photo of the motherboard? it looks like if you guys used a scanner, let me know thanks :D )

lio_x

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2011

great guide
what is the COMMS Recovery? is it to see xell in coronas (black screen)?

rafaliyo86

Feb 7, 2012
Spain

Great!! I am waiting mine. I have a question, pics are from a trinity board, it would be the same points for corona board?

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia

Great!! I am waiting mine. I have a question, pics are from a trinity board, it would be the same points for corona board?
what's in the title of the pics....yes