You can now use a 500GB HDDSS.bin that is included with all the new Winchester model Xbox 360's
The last four weeks have seen an unprecedented response to the new X360USB PRO product and the feedback has been nothing short of sensational. Stocks have been wiped out time and time again, the production lines are working 24/7 and resellers have reported record sales - outselling any competitors products by up to 100:1 !
Well, development is always ongoing and we are happy to announce the next level of features and capabilities with the release of the new X360USB PRO HDD HACKER TOOL.
Not only is the X360USB PRO able to communicate with DVD Drives by utilizing built in PortIO and WinAPI functions giving a level of speed and access never seen before, but it can now also connect to Hard Drives and manipulate the data for the first time over USB using any Windows 32bit or 64bit operating system with just a few simple clicks.
What does this mean for you ?
You can now convert any off-the-shelf 2.5" SATA Hard Drive and convert it to be 100% XBOX 360 Compatible, saving you a TON of money !
The X360USB PRO HDD HACKER TOOL currently supports the entire range of Western Digital 2.5" SATA Hard Drives, however we will be able to add a range of other manufacturer's and models in future updates.
All you need is the HDSS.BIN file from an original XBOX360 Hard Drive (which can be easily extracted using the X360USB PRO) and use it to convert your WD SATA Drive. The following guide will show you just how easy it is.
Note: The size of the drive is limited to the size of your HDSS.BIN file (e.g. if you have a 250GB HDSS.BIN and you flash it to a 320Gb Hard Drive - then the drive will recognize in the Xbox 360 as a 250GB drive)
To support the the new HDD capabilities of the X360USB PRO, we have begun to manufacture a range of new products to give you a clean and professional Hard Drive update experience.
Replacement Slim HDD Case
Replacement Phat HDD Case
The X360USB PRO HDD HACKER TOOL is sponsored by www.xconsoles.com so we are happy to direct you to their website for special offers on these new products.
- XECUTER X360USB HDD Hacker Tool - Download
- XECUTER X360USB PRO (Minimum v18 Firmware)
- XECUTER HDD ADAPTER PRO (you can also use the HDD Adapter that comes with the CK3 Pro for Phat drives or a SATA power adapter for Slim drives)
- Windows 32bit or 64bit
- MAC OSX Compatible (When using Bootcamp or VMWare to run Windows)
- Original HDSS.BIN File
The image below shows you the simple GUI and a short explanation of each button. The app has been kept purposely simplistic to make this as easy as possible.
To extract the HDSS.BIN from an original XBOX 360 Hard Drive
Flashes a HDSS.BIN to your 3rd party Hard Drive and saves a copy of the drives original sectors to UNDO.BIN
Restores the Hard Drive's firmware and Max LBA to it's original state using the UNDO.BIN
Partitions and formats the drive to XBOX 360 specifications
Flashing Your Hard Drive With HDSS.BIN
For this tutorial we are using a Western Digital WD2500 BUDT 2.5" SATA HARD DRIVE
1. Connect your Hard Drive to your computer using the X360USB PRO. You can power the drive using the new Xecuter HDD Adapter Pro or you can use the CK3 HDD Adapter that comes with the CK3 Pro if you have a Phat 360 or you can use a direct SATA Power cable if you have a 360 Slim.
If your X360USB PRO and Hard Drive are working correctly then Windows should detect the drive with no problems.
Open up the HDD Hacker Tool app with full Administrator rights (right click and Run As Administrator). You must have your X360USB PRO updated to at least v18 firmware and if your Eeprom is up to date then it will display "Eeprom up-to-date !". If your Eeprom needed updating it will tell you that it is being updated and will do everything for you automatically.
Now click the FLASH button
2. You will be asked to load your HDSS.BIN file. In this case we are going to open a 250GB HDSS.BIN that was extracted from an original 250GB XBOX 360 SLIM drive. Select the correct HDSS file and click OPEN.
3. You will now see the properties of your connected Western Digital Hard Drive (left column) and the properties of the 250GB HDSS.BIN (right column)
4. If your connected drive and the loaded HDSS.BIN have different drive properties, you will be asked if you would like to flash the drive so that they match. Click Yes.
5. You will now be asked to make a backup of your original drive so it can be restored to stock at a later date. It will be saved as UNDO.BIN, simply click SAVE. DO NOT LOSE THIS FILE !
6. That's it ! All you have to do now is disconnect the power of the drive for 10 seconds and you are ready to partition and format the drive ready for XBOX 360 compatibility. We told you it was easy
7. After 10 seconds connect the power back to your hard drive. Windows should now detect the drive with the new drive properties.
8. Now click on the PARTITION button. The app will scan for a detected XBOX 360 compatible hard drive and auto load it when found.
9. There is an automatic option to do all the partitions and formatting with one click (Quick Prepare button), however for education purposes we'll just show you how to do the partition and format steps manually. Tick all of partition boxes (0,2 & 3) in the Create partitions column and click CREATE
10. Now tick all of the Format partition boxes (0, 2 & 3) and click FORMAT.
11. You are now finished and ready to use your new Hard Drive. For drive management we recommend you use the fantastic Party Buffalo Drive Explorer. It is an awesome app and is updated regularly. You can get the latest version and read all about its features here: http://clkxu5.com/about-party-buffalo - mad props to CLK Rebellion for this great app !
Of course you can also use tools such as Xbox 360 Commander and Xplorer 360 too - however I have found that Party Buffalo is far more flexible and up to date.
To restore your drive to it's default state simply click RESTORE, select the relevant UNDO.BIN file to your drive then click OPEN and OK. That's it
Special credit for the “HDDHackr” original concept goes to The Specialist. Extra thanks for their work on the original HDDHackr go to Loser, Team MODFREAKz & Schtrom.