XECUTER X360USB PRO HDD HACKER - Step by Step Guide

sp4rkst4rt3r

VIP Member
Oct 9, 2010
North-West (UK)
Look in Tutorial section there's one for every drive (apart from the Hitachi 0500) :)

There are lots of pretty pictures all thanks to Ubergeek :)

Last edited:

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
Well, I'm seeing a lot of DVD drive related info (already flashed), but not hd related. In specific need to know: minimum requirements, does my DVD drive being flashed with 1.9 make a difference, will future dash updates screw me, will this allow me to play dlc... More im sure.. I appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
I read through that, doesn't show you what connects to what, which devices r needed for which hd, how to access and identify hd, etc. Looking for those pretty pics u mentioned from the time my package arrives to the time I plug it all in. Total noob. Tutorial here seems to assume I already have some additional info.

Last edited:

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
Does any of this require soldering? (making sure this isn't one of those assumed things). If none is required (hopefully not cuz I suck), I'm going to order and do this thing!!!

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
Last edited:

cha0sriderx

Sep 2, 2011
newegg has 320gb Scorpio Blue for $49 and they normally have cheaper shipping and no taxes added unlike tigerdirect.

bellxvue

Feb 26, 2011
for those in canada directcanada has WD3200BEVT for 44.62but i will take the WD3200BEKT for 53.46 free shipping ;)

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
For those of you who want a guide with pictures showing how to hook up everything I found this one to be helpful:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/access_and_backup_xbox_360_hdd_in_windows.cfm

They use Xplorer360 instead of HDD Hacker Tool but at least it shows how to disassemble and connect everything. Hope this helps someone.
Big help! Thank you! Looks like I need that ck3 pro for sure. Not clear on if I need a modified hdd case. I think the older hd's don't have sata power ? So I may need a special case or connection that fits inside the hdd case if I want to use an off the shelf 2.5 hd? Can someone clarify?

Last edited:

Netkar

VIP Member
Apr 27, 2005
you can buy cases from xecuter official reseller. Check their website ;) price are very less

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
you can buy cases from xecuter official reseller. Check their website ;) price are very less
those cases are just shells and wont help the above poster - they have the shell - I think they are on about the internal connectors

Drivium

Noob Account
Sep 22, 2011
Correct! I need whatever it is that will allow me to buy a hd and pop it into either the stock hd case with a special connector or i guess i need a special case pre setup for this purpose. Im getting close to having all of the info i need. I can feel it! Noobalicious

Last edited:

ThiMax

Noob Account
Sep 24, 2011
Hey guys,

I already have a WD 320gb BEVT, however, i flashed it with hddhckr to 250gb(it was the maximum in that days)...

now, I'd like to put him to use all 320gb, but, i Don't have x360usb pro...
Is there any other way??? Somebody knows if the old dos-based hddhckr got an update?

thanx
c ya

Last edited:

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
I have a computer without SATA molex power plugs. I do have the Xecuter HDD Adapter for phat and i do have several phat HDD enclosures. Can the drive be programmed and powered by inserting the 320GB drive into the phat enclosure? A few minutes ago i ordered a HDD, i want to try the GOW3 320GB bin.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

I'm sure it is possible, but has anyone tried it how I'm suggesting?